Saturday, December 01, 2007

Saturday Morning

I'm going out of town this weekend again. After supper last night (yummy pizza from a local joint), Nelson asked what my plans were. I told him that I was thinking about visiting Annie and he sort of laughed and told me he had been thinking that's what I should do. So I'll be heading that way sometime this morning.

When Nelson turned in his notice on Tuesday, he was told Friday would be his last day and that there wouldn't be any overtime for him. He worked over a couple hours on Thursday, and 12 hours yesterday. He's going to get in at least 8 today and may get to work tomorrow, too. They're going to miss him so.

I woke up this morning with Nelson and haven't been able to go back to sleep. I thought if I piddled around on the computer a bit I'd get sleepy and toddle back off to bed. The only place I keep toddling is to the potty...sigh.

I had to take a break from typing this because Asher woke up. Last night when I got home he was limping around. He was favoring his left foot. Ron said that he and Beth thought he may have an ingrown toenail--it was a little red. As the evening progressed he became clingyer and wanted to be on the foot less and less. This morning when he woke up he was unwilling to put any weight on it at all. It doesn't appear to be his toe. After I went to bed Beth and Ron tried to work with him and found out he fussed the most when his ankle was touched. They thought back over the day and all they could remember was that early in the day he was climbing off the bed and came down hard on a toy that threw him off balance. He might have hurt it then.

Anyway...Beth is taking her shower now and is going to take him to the ER as soon as Ron comes over. In the meantime, I'm getting some quality cuddle time in.

Beth and Ron are gone now and I have the house all to myself. I should be getting ready to leave but I'm just enjoying sitting here in the quiet. Ah........I'll write more later.

No comments: