Monday, December 03, 2007

Hell Located

Okay. You are going to read pure fear, anxiety, frustration, and utter dispair. Not your typical fair from daisymarie, but quite honestly, I've had very few days lower than this one.
I wrote recently about the new Megan Law that will be taking effect on January 1, 2008. Today I received a certified letter from the state of Ohio. I figured it was just my notification. I opened the letter and literally felt as if someone punched me in the stomach. My head felt as if it was going to explode. I couldn't believe what I was reading. This has to be someone else's nightmare.

The letter said that instead of being in the lowest classification that has to register once a year for the balance of my time plus 5 years, I was now classified as the most dangerous of all preditors and would have to register every 90 days for the rest of my life.

I immediately handed the letter to Nelson who looked as ill as I felt. The next thing he did was call my lawyer. He wasn't in so Nelson left a message for him to call. I picked at dinner and then decided to go workout. I thought it would help. It might have, but I still feel sick.

I made two phone calls on my way to Curves. The first was to my friend Karen back where we used to live. In my message that I had to leave bacause she didn't answer I said, "Every time life kicks me in the gut I turn to you for sanity. Life has kicked hard please call me back." Then I called my supervisor and told him to call me back because I wasn't sure I would be able to work the next couple days.

Here's where my head is: I don't want to commit suicide, but I wish I was dead. I can't imagine worse news. If the lawyer can't straighten this out I have found hell.

4 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hope said...

I feel sick for you my dear friend. Praying here. Hugs to you.

Chris said...

I'm praying for you!!

Judy said...

Oh, no.

If it helps at all, remember this, Jesus ascended into hell. He WILL take you out. Not sure how, but, you can bank on it.

You will be much in my prayers.

Please keep posting, so we can all know you are okay, and how to pray.