Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Elmoliciousness

Merriest of Merriest Christmases, one and all!

I've been up since a little after 4AM. I wish it was because of giftage anticipation. It was because of coughing. Coughing so hard I saw stars. I sat up in bed for a while hoping the drainage would cease and I could fall back to sleep. I dozed a little when I came downstairs. I have taken some musinexDM--hopefully that will help. The irony of it all is that I don't mind the cough near as much as I am irritated by the peeing. Getting old sucks.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Don't fret, Paula Dean and Cat Cora are perfectly safe. I popped open my Pillsbury can and grabbed some extra icing--coz they never put enough in those little containers. They were simple but yummy and let's face it it's not about the eats but all the treats.

It was an Elmolicious Christmas at my house. Asher was quite thoughtful about opening his presents--much to everyone's dismay and desire to seem him be delighted with everything. Just about every gift makes noise.

We made our way to Nelson’s parents’ home for Christmas dinner. They live in Toledo, about 2 hours away. It was a surprisingly pleasant time. Ann was there with Pnel and Caden. Beth, Ron, and Asher were there. Nelson’s grandmother was with us from the nursing home. She was slow of movement today, but her wit was sharp. She scolded Nelson, using his family name: Skip! Nelson’s mom fixed a delicious meal. We never turned the TV on! We took several generational pictures. And as I recall there were several wonderful gifts given and received.

And now we’re home. I called my mom before I got on here to type this up. I had written her a letter explaining the changing legal waters I’m wading in. She of course wanted to write a letter to the judge on my behalf--this is not the woman who raised me, but I like her so much better and love her to pieces! I wrote because I didn’t want to try and explain everything over the phone. It was a good idea. I also sent her the pictures of “the house.” She loved it, too! She told me she would help that dream become a reality. When she dies, I may not have a penny of inheritance (I doubt that will be the case) when she passes, but she gets such joy from helping us now (if she gives to one, she gives something to all). That’s her philosophy. She wants to enjoy giving, why wait until she’s gone to do that? No joy there.

Tomorrow it’s back to work. I think I’d rather play with Elmo and Asher. I like the way they laugh. Hope there’s a big gift of laughter in your day!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like a lovely day!