Saturday, April 09, 2005

My Day

This was no way to start my birthday. At 1:30 I finally got out of bed and went downstairs to try and sleep in the chair. I had been turning in the bed like I was on a rotisserie. I was coughing to beat the band. And the heartburn was killer. I ended up getting on the computer and being awake until nearly 4:30.

Funny thing is when I finally woke up at 7:00am I felt rested and fine. Except for the numbness in my hand. I overdid it at work yesterday and last night every muscle and joint felt like it was weighted with led. I figured if I was sitting in the chair I wouldn’t be tempted to roll around.

So I’ve had my hazelnut coffee and a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese. I think I’m purring. We’re planning to spend the afternoon and evening with our friends/family Steve and Rhonda in Elyria. Rhonda suggested a movie, and though Nelson liked the idea of movie popcorn, he wasn’t interested in her selection (Miss Congeniality 2). I guess we’re just going to dinner and maybe play some cards.

Yesterday I had a nice surprise at work. I was planning to work through my break doing paperwork sitting at my desk. I walked into my office and found a beautiful springtime bouquet of flowers “From Your Babies.” I was so delighted. There’s nothing quite like getting flowers at work. Annie took the lead on this one. She asked Nelson what kind of flowers I would like. He told her (and quite correctly) that a bouquet of daisies would be best. So that’s what she ordered. I got the prettiest arrangement of 3 pink carnations, 2 orchids, a purple iris, some other purple flowers and an assortment of weedy looking filler that is quite pretty in a vase with a pink bow. When Nelson walked in he immediately noted that it wasn’t Annie ordered. So when she called I told her it was lovely, but not what she had wanted to get for me. She was quite hot as she paid too much and had been very specific. She had called several florists and was assured that she was getting daisies. I’d hate to be on the other end of that line his morning! She gets her temper from her father…..

Well, I’m going to get out of here. I think we’re going to hit some garage sales. I love finding treasures and bargains! Have a grrrrreat day! TTFN.

7 comments:

Debra said...

Happy Birthday, Tina!! I hope you were able to find some treasures at yard sales and that you'll have a lovely evening with your friends tonight. Hope you get some daisies too! :) Thanks for all your sweet words of encouragement over at my blog and over at Bug Cafe, too. I really appreciate them and you, also! Birthday hugs and wishes... Debra

Saija said...

Happy Birthday Tina!!! daisies sound "mahvellous, dah-ling" ... just mahvellous! :)

hope this birthday and the coming year are the BEST yet!!!

Lord bless you MUCH!!!! your blogging along buddy, saija

jettybetty said...

Let me send my bday wishes, too--hope I am not too late. JB

Hope said...

Happy Belated birthday Tina. Hope your day was just the beginning of a wonderful year.

Peg said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it was great!!!!!

Waterfall said...

Ack ... this is what I get for getting behind on my blog-visiting! Happy belated birthday!

Dreaming again said...

I'm a couple of days behind! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

My sister, who passed away 5 years ago, shared your birthday.
My brothers was the next day ... I realized when I read your post, that I forgot to send him birthday greetings ... oops.

May God Bless your up coming year above and beyond what you could ever ask or think!