Thursday, April 21, 2005

It's Lilac Season

The first moments of my day could have shaped all moments to follow. The alarm went off and I rolled out of bed. I plodded off to the bathroom and there I found my monthly friend, for the SECOND time this month. Not fair. Not nice.

So I went through my morning stuff and my cramps and I headed off to work. I wasn’t sure how the day was going to go, but I wasn’t holding out hope for a positive day. I should have more faith.

We did 1642 parts today. That’s killer. It’s awesome. It’s THE absolute most we’ve ever done—ever dreamed of doing. We finished 2 orders and started on a third and have the boxing ready for the next order. We’re doing so well. The company is really pleased. At one point Mr. R (company owner) was giving a tour to some people from another factory. He was trying to explain what we do and how we’re going to increase our production (we’re getting parts from them) and process for stamping identification into the bearing. He started and then stopped and said, “Tina can explain it she keeps everything running around here.” And so I did.

Then on the way home I passed a gas station where the gas was still 2.07 a gallon. It’s not the easiest station to get in and out of, so I decided to try my usual station closer to home. I passed two other stations where the price had already jumped up to 2.23. My regular station was up 2.22. So I made a quick turn around and quickly headed back to where I saw the gas cheaper. I was able to fill up at the cheaper price. I’m so thankful!!!

Oh, and one more neat thing as I rounded the corner near home---Lilac buds!!!! Pretty soon full blown sweetness. My most favorite smell. My most favorite part of the season. I smiled so big at the very thought of it all. “It’s lilac season.” (sing along if you care to!)

So I’m thinking this day turned out tons better than it started. I’m so very thankful for that. And now I think I’ll put my happy though crampy body to bed. It’s lilac season!!!!!!

4 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

Tag! You're it! Check my blog for instructions! :)

anj said...

I love lilac season too. And cheaper gas. And affirmation from others that I contribute in a real way. Sounds like a great day, after a very iffy start.

Jeff H said...

Tina, good stuff. Faith: we never seem to have as much as we think we need, but God has granted to each of us a full measure.

Question: I, along with Nettie, Stacy and Stacey, am starting up a new blog for doing interviews, called "Meet the Bloggers". I'd like to have you be one of our interview subjects. Would you be willing? Let me know, via email [thinksink@gmail.com] or leave a reply here or comment over at my blog [http://thinksink.blogspot.com].

jettybetty said...

I love to see and smell lilacs! God did some great work in His creation!
JB