Friday, April 08, 2005

Interview from CindyLou

1. If you were a song, what song would you be? Why?
Classical Gas. I absolutely love that song. It is fun and full of energy.
2. What do you want your grand children to remember the most about you? Why?
I want them to remember my love for them and my love for God. I want them to know I was playful and that I was there for them.
3. Besides Jesus, who from the bible do you most want to meet in heaven? Why?
This is an interesting question. I think I’d like to meet Mary Magdaline. I want to sit and talk with her about how amazing it was to feel so completely forgivent that she would enter that house and annoint Jesus. That or I would want to meet the Samaritan woman of John 4 and ask her what her name is because I think it’s sad that she is unnamed.
4. Cake, ice cream, or both? Why?
Cake. I never liked to mix the two and I’ve never been much of an ice cream eater.
5. What's your favorite scripture? Why?
Matthew 11:29-30 especially from The Message:
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythyms of grace I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.

followed very closely by Mark 1:40-42
40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you want to, you can make me well again," he said. 41 Moved with pity, F8 Jesus touched him. "I want to," he said. "Be healed!" 42 Instantly the leprosy disappeared – the man was healed.

The first “fav” speaks so to my heart and always has. I especially like the concept of the “rhythms of grace.” Besides I need help to learn to live freely and lightly.

The second is the amazing truth about Jesus touching the leprous man before he healed him. What an amazing touch that must have been! He was willing then…he’s willing now.

Anybody want to be interviewed by me?

3 comments:

Jeff H said...

Great answers. Enjoyed them.

I think I see the Samaritan woman's anonymity a bit differently. I think it was important for her name to remain unknown, because if she had been named, some of Jesus' followers might have assumed his breaking of the taboo of interacting/socializing with the "unclean" half-breeds was based on her (some extraordinary quality that made it OK for Jesus to talk to with her), rather than it showing Jesus' willingness to reach out to ANYbody, ANYwhere, ANYtime. Just my opinion.

And I noticed in your profile about your foster son. I worked in psychiatry for 14 years, including 10 doing inpatient. Of all "diagnoses" (yes, too often we think of the patients as their diagnosis, rather than as individuals who suffer from a disorder), I felt most drawn toward those with schizophrenia. The ways in which their minds dealt with realit fascinated me, and I was often able to make sense of their delusional thought constructs by looking at their background, particularly their lives at the time the disease began manifesting itself in their lives.

I know it must be tough, particularly when he's having troubles with hallucinations or withdrawal. Prayers for him and you as you continue to parent him.

jettybetty said...

Well, I have more questions for you posted on my blog. You have done so many interviews! I think my questions are a bit different.
I would love to be interviewed by you, but it might be a week or so before I can answer them. So no rush to post them--but I really will get to them ASAP! Blessings! JB

Hope said...

Oh jeepers - I know you wanted to be interviewed by me almost a month ago and I have yet to ask those questions(only have one circling around my brain for you yet) but I would answer questions if you asked me. Sounds terribly unfair on my part though.