Monday, April 18, 2005

Gayla's Interview Questions

Here are Gayla’s Interview questions.

1. If you could back in time, what year would you visit and why?
I’m assuming by a visit, it’s not a situation where I can change something, but the opportunity to experience something and return.

So…..(I have sat here staring at this screen for twenty minutes thinking about this…hmmmmm) I think I would like to go back to (I had to finally go answer all the other questions and come back to this one.)…I would like to go back to the Upper Room where the believers had gathered and met everyday for prayer waiting for Pentacost. I would like to hear their stories, hear their prayers, and then feel that power and really see the church grow!

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would want to live down the street from my grandkids and my mom…The difficulty with that is that Mom lives in Arizona and grandkids are in Ohio. I would love to live in Arizona so I’m going to have to convince the Son-in-law that year round golf is really wonderful so he’ll be willing to move to AZ.

3. How far in advance do you prefer to plan?
I love spur of the moment activities. I love to do things “last minute.” I totally enjoy serendipity! But I also know that some things need planning. At least a couple days worth. I loved the way my daughter only took about 4 months to get ready for her wedding. I don’t like to overplan or wait for things to happen.

4. If you could wave a magic wand and stop any one thing, what would it be and why?
Fear of differences that leads to hatred and bigotry. I have never been able to understand why people hate and distrust others because they’re different color or religion or from a different country, or wear their hair different or their clothes different, or have tattoos and piercings or don’t. It makes my heart break when that fear and hatred leads to destruction and loss of life.

5. What do you think are the most common misconceptions people have about God?
That because of His incredible love, He winks at sin.
That God and Santa Claus are pretty much the same.
That God helps those who help themselves.
That God can be bargained with (if You’ll…then I’ll…)
That if I don’t say what I’m thinking or feeling out loud then I can hide it from God.
That God is too busy too care about things in my life.
That an individual can be too bad or too far gone and be beyond grace.

Those are just a few.

Thanks Gayla, this was fun to think through…and fun to read the answers of others as well!

No comments: