Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Another Interview

These are my “interview” questions from Pearls and Dreams:

1. Start with an easy one: Why did you choose your blog name?
When I was in high school the mother of one of my best friends died from cancer. This woman had a profound impact on my Christian faith and development. Though her name was Carol, she went by Daisy. While in college I took the name Daisy as my pen name for a creative writing course. Marie is my middle name. The two seemed to go weel together…so daisymarie I am.

2. In your profile, you say that you like the book Celebration of Discipline. What about that book caught your attention?
I grew up with a mom who was very rigid and disciplined so I tended to rebel by being scattered and unorganized. I used to think discipline was oppressive, certainly nothing to celebrate. This book helped me change this oppinion. I learned so much. I especially got a lot about service and study.

3. What fruits of the spirit do you think are the easiest & hardest for you to display in your life?
Easiest: love, joy, kindness, goodness, gentleness
Hardest: peace, patience, and self-control

4. In your answers to Biscotti Brain, you said you feel like a denominational mutt, do you see this as a bad thing or a good thing and why? How will this both help & hurt you in your future?
It’s funny that you picked up on that. Sometimes I wish I had a pedigree. When I was more connected to the Mennonites, I must confess I occasionally envied their history and connectiveness. I think my “muttiness” (aka eccumenicalism) enables me to feel comfortable and connected to many different people of faith. It was a definite strength when I was a chaplain…I imagine it will continue to be.

5. Where do you see God taking you in the future?
Heaven. Sorry, that’s a bit flippant. I guess the real answer is that I have no idea. I used to think it was extremely important to have the future all planned out—but not any more. I’m much more comfortable going with the flow and living for the moment. Right now I see myself working at the factory until next year, enjoying being a grammy, and reveling in the empty nest with my hubby!

Thanks for the opportunity to share!

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

Wow, you have done 2 interviews! You have a super interesting testimony. JB

Dreaming again said...

(grin) The first question you surprised me on, it never dawned on me you'd answer for daisymarie! I was thinking Corner Chair! I love knowing the daisymarie answer! How precious!

My husband has Celebration of Discipline and has read me exerpts of it. I find it facinating, but I can't read it. I'm a highliter, underliner and can't seem to comprehend without doing that (you should see my purpose driven life book after the third read!)
He can't stand marks of any kind in any book at all.

I'd have to switch you on the gentlness and self control on the fruit of the spirit. People think I'm patient, I'm not really, kind of, but not as much as I should be.

I picked on the denominational mutt one because I have been too!

I LOVED ALL your answer! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to know you more!

You have been a blessing to me! I'm so glad that we got to 'meet' through Biscotti Brain!