Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Few More to Do

The final 15:
(ok, this is not something I want, but I probably ought to do…) Have a colonoscopy.
Have a mammogram and yearly exam.
Have my teeth cleaned twice. (We pay for dental insurance so I should use it and I should be taking more conscientious care of my aging teeth.)
I need to take better care of my skin. It’s not a vanity thing: I’m not trying to be or look younger, it’s just that I have never been much of a lotions/potions person.
Go on a weekend away with my husband.
Go on the Sunday School Class trip.
Wash my car regularly and keep it clean.
Get the grandfather clock fixed.
Adopt a family at Christmas and get to know them so that we’re not just buying presents but really sharing Jesus’ love.
Get to know my neighbors better…at least learn their names (I would like to do that either here or at the new house, guess it depends on when we get the new house).
I’m going to cancel any magazine subscriptions that I can and not renew any. I don’t read magazines and if I’m really attached, I can read them online.
Try again to have a live draft Fantasy Football league.

Ok…I ran out of steam and day. I’ll work on this some more tomorrow…And for once I’m actually praying that it keeps snowing…I don’t want to go to work tomorrow!

6 comments:

Saija said...

blessings on your 2008 ...
and joy joy joy of the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!!

I agree about the car cleaning. When I got my car I said i was going to keep it clean. Well this month it's paid off and I still haven't kept up with the cleaning.

Keep warm in the snow. I am wearing a skirt and flip flops right now!!

The Momma said...

It's snowing in my neck of the woods & I'm home from work today myself!!

Hope you are able to complete all of your list!!
Lisa

Erin said...

Whew! You're hard-core, girl! I really hope you make it through these things... important for your long-term health!

Denise said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. and I am thankful that I was able to say something that will encourage.. I am 60 and have my entire life put my self last in everything and did not give myself a second thought.... How sad is that... the Lord has really been working on me to stop and understand that I am important and to love my self is bibical..... Pray for me this year that I loose this weight and treat me good.....

Happy New Year..

P.S. I love your list of to do's .. so I am going to start my list of 61..... maybe post it this week sometime...... blessings to you...

daisy said...

What a healthy to do list. And you have some fun stuff on there, too. Go, you!