Monday, January 07, 2008

A Grace Moment

Yesterday morning I had a couple winks from God. First, after a very special prayer time in our ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) one of the people I respect so very much came up to me and shared that they just really felt that God was going to use my gift of pastoral care. Then as I was drying my eyes from that encounter God nudged me again.

During the summer I asked pastor if I would ever be able to provide pulpit supply and he told me that as long as I have to register I won’t be able to. Worst case scenario I won’t ever be able to (if I lose my petition and have to register the rest of my life) and best case it will be ten more years. So for all intents and purposes I will never preach there. It makes me sad. My heart aches to preach.

So I sat wiping my tears feeling my ache and Pastor stood to make the announcements. He began to explain the new Transformational Journal Devotion Prompts that were in every bulletin and God nudged me. No, I wasn’t going to preach, but I was going to make it into every home because I wrote the prompts. Wink. No, not 50 or 100 in a service but everyone in every service (we have four) was going to receive those journal prompts. And I heard the Spirit say, “I have so much more for you.” The tears came to quickly to wipe.

That’s so like me. I know what I want and like a little child I pout and fret when I don’t see it come to pass. How like God to have so much more for me. Sometimes it’s just so hard to trust…and wait.

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

That's so funny because I was listening to that CD in the car yesterday and one of the things the pastor said was that God would listen to our hearts and give us more than we could ever dream of if we would just let our vision of the dream go and take on his.

The Momma said...

God is so good!

Saija said...

yes our Heavenly Father knows ...