Friday, January 04, 2008

My Life as a Book

Personally, I have always thought of my life as an open book. Until it became public and then there were things I would have gladly edited. Perhaps. These was an interesting exercise and I'm glad I tagged myself to do it. ")

If your life was a book, what Genre would it be and why? It would be inspirational/motivational.

Would it be a stand alone or a series?In my ongoing effort to decompartmentalize my life, I would love to see more than one volume.

What would the title of your life’s book be? I’m not sure. Right now two titles are vying for attention: “One More Look in the Mirror” or “No, Really, the Bridge is Out.”

What’s the spiritual theme of your book?God’s use of the reluctant, the unusal, and how He wastes nothing. I would want to bring the “beauty from ashes” theme, as well.

What would your goal be? I believe that out of my mess comes my message. My life was heading up when I made stupid and selfish choices that put me at the bottom. I am looking to help others avoid the bridge out and to see themselves as God sees them

What’s the motivation for your goal? Redeeming my experience, and being faithful to the process. Giving back and paying forward.

Who’s your hero? Referring to Revelation: the one who overcomes, the one who has ears to hear.

What’s your conflict? Human wisdom (and fear) vs. Godly provision and grace

Who’s your antagonist? Self, ignorance, arrogance, fear

Where are you in your life’s book? (The beginning, middle, end, have you reached your black moment, are you into your resolution?) Second half

Is there a happy ending? The best! It was already written. All this and heaven, too!



3 comments:

Mari said...

I enjoyed your answers. It does really make you think, doesn't it? I especially liked the last question - good way to end!

Unknown said...

Bravo!!! very good answers, I don't think I'm up for this challenge but enjoy the read of others.. Thanks for posting

ROD said...

Excellent thoughts! Thanks.