Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Valuing the Ordinary

I’ve started three entries. Drivel. Blech. Nothing profound. That seems weird. It wasn’t a nothing day. It was just a day. I didn’t leave town because of the weather. I worked in the office, made calls, did some internet research, and made a bunch of phone calls to employers.

I think the challenge for me, since I have set a goal for daily entries in my journal, is to see mundane as valuable. That’s hard for me. I want to sound profound. But some days are average. Some days God whispers and the things that matter are being present, being open, being willing.

And now I’m going to bed. It doesn’t get more ordinary than this.

2 comments:

sharon brobst said...

"to see mundane as valuable" What a wonderful thought...a difficult thought!
Thank you for your visit to my blog. So glad to meet you.

Judy said...

I write blog posts for that same reason. I had a counselor once tell me that I had to just be 'real' and quit only speaking when I had something profound to say as I was seen as intimidating.

ME? Good grief.

I posted that video of my grand daughter filling her diaper.

Profound? I think not!

Oh, dear. I must be healed!