Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunny Sundays

I didn't sleep well. My cough kept waking me up. I was up and down two or three times. I was afraid I was keeping Nelson awake, but he assured me later that he hadn't heard a thing. He's not feeling well again. Looks like a combo sinus and ear infection. He's sleeping now.

This morning before worship time we gathered early for breakfast. It was such a nice time. We all shared about our week and what God had been teaching us. The food was good and the fellowship sweet. We were sharing lots of thoughts and needs. Our conversation finally worked itself around to Jim's scripture presentation. The segue that he used was a piece by Basil Pennington from "Centering Prayer." Unfortuneately I left the paper and my Bible at T-Net. I'll try to remember to post it tomorrow night.

Anyway, I just thought it was very interesting. I hadn't ever heard of Centering Prayer before I started reading blogs here. Really, I think it was as recent as the beginning of Lent. This is something I want to learn more about.

Another special thing this morning was an offer that came my way. There's a gal in worship group that I am just getting to know. I don't know her story yet. She's a very intriguing personality. I learned today that she'll be 40 on her birthday (which coming soon). I wouldn't have guess that she was that old. Nowhere near! I had been told a couple week ago that she played the guitar. Well, today she asked if she could see mine. I opened the case. She treated it so gingerly, with such care and respect. She told me over and over how nice it was. It made me feel good. Then she played. Wow! I love her style. She's so talented! I had been told that she might give me lessons. I asked. She agreed. And she doesn't want to charge me anything! I don't feel right about that...but I can't afford lessons either. We'll have to work something out. Either way: I'm quite excited.

I went to work right from worship. I got there when the factory was finishing their lunch break. As planned (and hoped for) two of our team members started to work at 7am. They did break any records with their work, but they did ok! We finished taping the valve stems at 2:30 and were told to go home because there wasn't anymore work for us. I have no idea what we'll do this week. I'm not big on surprises, but I guess it doesn't matter because at least I know there will be work!

Well, I just took some NyQuill in hopes of sleeping better tonight. Hope you have sweet dreams too!

1 comment:

Cindy-Lou said...

Enjoyed your post. Isn't it amazing how it's the simple things in life that really mean so much... like having a job when many others don't :) Thanks for visiting my blog :)