Thursday, February 24, 2005

10 Things for Fun

This may be a challenge...my life isn't all that "different."
1. I was 4th runner up to Miss Teenage Columbus (back in 1974).
2. I'm over-schooled: I have 3 Masters Degrees (New Testament; M.Div.; and MAPC) plus I have taken 2 courses of a Doctor of Minstry; and I have taken 10 quarters of Clinical Pastoral Education.
3. I was cast in the role of God (Zuess in a college production of "JB").
4. I did a marathon of hair washing (60 girls and at least a dozen counselors). We found a couple cases of head lice and had to nip the problem in the bud!
5. I paid a church to be their associate pastor. Really, they paid me $50 a week (about $200 a month) in salary, but I paid them $400 a month to rent their parsonage.
6. I worked 6 summers at Cedar Point. I worked at the Hotel Breakers front desk, working my way up from cashier, to clerk, to Front Desk Manager.
7. I was 7months pregnant when I was ordained as a minister in the Church of the Nazarene. (Does that make my daughter "pre-ordained"?)
8. Thinking I would just take a little bite to taste it, I ended up eating an entire cheesecake (I blame it on being pregnant, alone, and having a gorrible sweet-tooth).
9. I had the blessing of baptising both of my daughters.
10. I failed my orals for my M.Div so badly the first time, that instead of meeting wiht that committee again at a later time, they chose to "pretend" that I had never been there. I met with a completely different committee the second time to a much better result.

How's that?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! :) I guess I came to the right place with my question LOL!

Saija said...

i'm older than you, and you've done twice as much as me! now how does that work?????

p.s. i LOVE cheesecake too ... :)

Debra said...

Wow! No wonder you keep blowing me away at Scrabble! :) Thanks for sharing these--very interesting stuff! God bless... Debra

Peg said...

Wow, again! Hey, eating a whole cheesecake, no problem for me! What were the questions?