Thursday, February 10, 2005

Crummy

I feel crummy today.

I worked hard yesterday, so hard that I could barely move last night. My limbs felt as though they were weighted with lead. I laid down for a half hour, but couldn't sleep. I had felt like I was feverish early in the day, but pushed myself through it. I wasn't thinking as sharply as I needed to and made a couple calculating errors and gave poor directions. Fortunately, I was able to catch myself and correct things before major uncorrectable errors were committed.

My head feels weighted today and my nose won't stop running. Thankfully, I'm not sore and achy like I was yesterday. But I called off work and cancelled my therapy appointment. I'm not sure if I feel crummier for calling off work when I'm not on my deathbed or because I can't breathe. I haven't been to therapy since December and I didn't really want to drive the two and half hours there, chit chat for an hour (spending $30 unnecessarily), and then drive home two and a half hours. I know it's mandated by the court, but not only does it seem like a waste, I feel crummy, and there's a couple inches of fresh snow out there with more on the way.

Financially we needed me to work. I realize I would have only brought home about $25, but that would buy groceries. I just couldn't make myself do it. And that feels crummy to me.

I need to make myself sit down at the table and crank out a grant. I'm rebelling against that because I knew I'm not going to make any money for my effort. And that really feels crummy. I enjoy the word crafting immensely, but there's no provision to pay me for my time or effort.

And to top it all off, I'm all out of soup!

I realized something today while I was cruising blogs: people write back notes to notes. I decided to read notes on blogs that I've noted. I wanted to see who was reading the blogs that I enjoy and get blessed by. I figured it was another way to find interesting and encouraging blogs (but y'all probably knew that). Anyway, what I found in addition to some good new reads, is that there were notes back to the notes I left. I felt really crummy then. These writers took time to respond back and I probably looked like a stuck up schmuck for not responding back. I'm sorry!!! I wasn't ignoring you. I was just plain ignorant. Now doesn't that feel crummy.

Okay. All this crummy talk has made me hungry (I've been told that breathing makes me hungry...and I can do a little of that right now.). So, I think I'll go get some cinnamon toast and cup of tea. Maybe then I'll feel a little less crummy.

Oh, I have another question. Is there a tutorial somewhere that can teach me how to post pics and post my fav blogs? How do I dress up that marginal column like the rest of you? Just curious.

Postscript (AKA: afterthought...requiring editing...lol)
I wanted to let you know that Jim, the worship leader, called me the other night. He wasn't asking us to dinner as orginially planned. He was wanting to let me know that he had just had a conversation with the music guy who had "shared his heart" on Sunday and caused such a stir. It seems that the guy's chief complaint was with Jim. He felt that Jim had betrayed some trust and he no longer felt that he or his wife would be able to worship with the group. Jim wanted to let me know right away so that Nelson and I wouldn't back out also, especially since the reason for our not returning was no longer going to be a problem--and would I please bring the music for Sunday. It's a weird thing. It both makes me happy (relieved?) and sad at the same time.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi! Check out http://orangejack.blogspot.com/2004/10/orangejack-blogging-university.html for that tutorial you were asking about...it's helped me a lot already. :)

Mama T said...

Cookies are crummy too! Have one! Hang in there and know that Abba is right there with you. I've read some of your other posts and would like to email you regarding experience with worship leaders/leading. Funny how Satan can take a Holy moment and just rip it to shreds.

Much love to you this day.

Saija said...

another good site is
http://www.web-source.net/html_codes_chart.htm

and if you go on the blogger help, it'll give you some formula's too ... then you need to go into the template and squint your eyes to see where to put these html codes!!! to add blogs you read, it's about 3/4 or more down the page ... you can play with it, and preview it, and if you did something wrong, you don't have to save it ...

it is scary at first, but then can be fun to play with these different things ...

i've downloaded the free HELLO program (also off the blogger.com site) to post my photo's ...

just one day decide to go for it...and enjoy!

hope you are starting to feel better!!

a messenger said...

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=324&topic=17
for posting pictures. Their help section is good. on there somewhere I found out how to do links, and I think there is an automatic link thing too that will post a link to your blog when you visit another blog. but I have lost the address for that one. I'll bring it here wgen I find it

Waterfall said...

I use Hello for blogger ... kind of confusing at first, but not so bad once you get a hang of it.

You reminded me of one of my favorite little-kid jokes:

Q: Why did the cookie go to the hospital?
A: 'Cause it was feeling crummy! :-)

BTW, I don't think everyone responds to comments on their blogs. I try to when I have time, but I don't always have time.

Take care! Hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hi! I'm sorry you feel crummy today. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on it. (I decided to come here to reply to you rather than reply on mine...I do that occasionally, but only once a reader becomes a "regular." I've got a handful of people, so for them I reply on my own blog. Everyone does it differently.) Anyway, it's nice to see a new "face" in the comments! I'm always curious how people find their way to my blog.

Feel better and enjoy your toast and tea! (That sounds yummy!) Thanks again and God bless!

-Jen

Amber Lynn said...

I have had a cold since Saturday and I don't feel like doing anything either.

Michelle said...

There seems to be a blog virus going around - I'm also really sick at the moment!

Re the links to other blogs - you can try blogrolling. It's a free site that helps you list the blogs you like or want to link to, and you can also set it to show when they're updated. Again, you'd need to put some code into your template, but it's pretty easy. Check out www.blogrolling.com for info.

I host my pics on another server and "link" to them using html code in my posts, but Hello is a lot easier.

Dreaming again said...

Hi there. I did answer your comment on my blog ;)

I enjoyed your blog. I wish you could come to our church, our worship team is like none I've ever seen. By the way ...interesting how the Holy Spirit works ... on Sunday ..we sang : Heart of Worship, Holy Ground (both versions) and one of the other ones you mentioned! A few others too ... but we sang 8 songs ...and 4 of them were ones you guys did too!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blog! Come visit mine often, you're always welcome.

Dreaming again said...

oh ...and I hope you feel better soon!

Chris said...

(oh my gosh, blogger must have changed their commenting graphics recently, this is so different, I'm all discombobulated!...)

Hi! Just wanted to say "hi" on your blog, and thanks for visiting mine the other day. I think I did respond (briefly!) to you on my comments after that, but I don't always... it can get confusing as to what we all expect from each other for blogging protocols... I figure it's just fun, and we have lots of grace for each other, and we shouldn't worry too much about it, 'cause there's enough rules in life already!

Hope you are feeling better!

Erin said...

Hey girl-

It's Saturday night. I'm praying that you're well past feeling crummy!! Also praying that you have a blessed time with the Lord tomorrow!!! Play, lead, sing for and audience of One. You have so much to give your group... I pray that you are blown away by God's goodness!!