Saturday, February 26, 2005

Quick Note

Only have a few, but wanted to get a couple thoughts down.

Yesterday was a full day. We worked hard and long at the factory all week. They have been good to keep their word about finding work for us to do. It's not always been easy, but we've hung in there. I think each time they give us a new task they're surprised at how we are able to finish it more quickly than they anticipated. I say that because we're always running out of parts!

In the afternoon yesterday, the guy subbing as the plant manager (while the regular guy is on vacation) came and asked if any of us would be interested in working Saturday and Sunday. I wish I hadn't seen dollar signs so quickly, but I did and I agreed to both days. One guy refused since we weren't getting double time. One of the other guys was supposed to work with me today and he just called me to cancel--he's too sore. Like I'm not?

Last night after work, Nel and I both scurried home to get cleaned up. We had been invited out to dinner with his boss and wife (Dave and Linda) and then to a barber shop quartet concert. Dinner was at a fish fry at a K of C. Oh my! The perch was fried perfectly. I wanted more for the taste, but held myself to about four fillets. It was quite enjoyable.

The concert then was amazing. It was at the Akron Civic Center. The archetecture was worth the trip! What an amazing old building that was beautifully restored. The quartets were SO good! One was a senior competition winner and their paradies were so funny. Another was a collegiant winner and their exuberance and harmony wonderful. But the best by far was a family group with a lead that sang like silk. I didn't want to leave!

And finally, very quickly, so I can scoot and because for some reason my hand and arm is numb, Penelpe had a very good week at daycare. On Thursday she toddled into the room and didn't even say good bye to Annie. So while she was pleased, she also was hurt. I think mother and child will be just fine!

Good Saturday to you all!

No comments: