Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Celebrating Words

I had such a wonderfully fantasmagorical day.

I worked with my brain and my words instead of making boxes and moving brake drums.
I am stoked. I’m energized. I don’t want to quit. I need to get some of this energy out before Nelson gets home from work, or I’ll just blow him away!

I worked on grants today for the Transformation Network and its Family Life Skills Learning Center. Oh my giosh. I started the day with some research. Then I wrote an initial inquiry letter for both components of the agency. The programs are different and so are the needs. Then I wrote a very short grant for FLSLC for $500 from RadioShack Corp. I did some prep work for a local foundation for the T-Net. I sat and went over figures and descriptions with the director.
I was amazed at how the words just kept coming. No blocks. No frustration. I am a word crafter. I love to put together letters, newletters, articles and the like. It felt so good to use my brain and use my word power.

Tomorrow we don’t have factory work because they failed to order parts for us so tomorrow I’ll be working on grants again. I’m also going to be doing some PR and begging for donations from local businesses. Sunday the Sports Café is celebrating its grand opening with a Super Bowl party. (The Sports Café is one of the community ministries of T-Net. The goal is to provide an safe alternative to the "bar scene" for people who are dealing with chemical and alcohol issues.) My goal is to get one of the local pizza places to donate pizza for the party. I’m pretty excited about the challenge.

Well, there’s research and writing to be done. Catch you later...unless I run out of words for the day....nah, doubt that will happen!

3 comments:

Kel said...

I'm a word person too. One that has recently resigned from a job that used that skillset to its fullest capacity. Now I'm relearning to savour words and not be exhausted by them. And am using words online instead of in print to communicate. Glad you enjoyed the change of pace at work.

Hope said...

Celebrating with you!

Amber Lynn said...

I LOVE days like this!!!