Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wide Eyed

Do you know how much time it saves in the morning when you don’t have to think about what you’re going to wear?

For me it’s about 15 minutes, or so it seems. Yesterday my uniforms came in. So this morning I’m all spiffed out in my blue dickie style pants and my gray shirt with the company name over the left front pocket and my name over the right front pocket. I can’t find my belt, but fortunately, my pants are not going to fall off. (Like that would ever be the problem!)

I was told Monday night that I was going to be packaging parts by myself on Tuesday. These parts are referred to as “heavy duty.” I don’t know about the duty part, but I can definitely attest to the heavy! I was pacing myself appropriately to get the job done when up saunters one of my co-workers: a big, strong manly man. His line kept breaking down so the plant manager told him to come over and help me. It was great. He brought his strong arms and music. A welcomed combination for sure!

After lunch I headed back out, thinking I would be working alone, when lo and behold I not only had manly man, but another guy as well. We knocked out the balance of the order in a half hour at which point they disappeared into the bowels of the factory and I went back to work in another area.

Monday I had been putting the tiniest little O ring on a one inch piston. A challenge to say the least! I finished that job and then for the last half hour of the day I learned a new task. It was such a nice afternoon they opened the bay doors at the back of the building. We could feel a bit of the fresh air and see the sunshine whenever we walked by. It was nice. It was still nice when we left at 5:30. I sat out on the porch and read the paper until dinner. And oh was dinner good!

I got home to find Nelson already home and busy about the house. He had done dishes, straightened, and was fixing supper. Monday night he did some grocery shopping on his way home from work (I could make money cloning this guy!). He had stopped at Aldi’s and was surprised to find coconut shrimp in the freezer section. Knowing that this is my most favorite food, he bought two boxes. So for dinner he fried up one box, baked potatoes, prepared a tossed salad (opened the bag), and topped it off with a piece of Texas toast. I was in heaven. I may never go back to Red Lobster again…well, maybe!

After my luscious dinner I watched some TV, played some online scrabble, read journals/blogs and as soon as American Idol was over I toddled off to bed. I was sound asleep before 9:05!!! Maybe that’s why I feel so refreshed this morning. I’ll have to keep that in mind!

It’s supposed to get to 70 degrees here today! Ah spring. Enjoy your day! I’m out the door! (I wrote this this morning, but blogger wouldn't let me post...so here it is quite a bit later...)

No comments: