Saturday, March 12, 2005

Passing the Book Stick

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
I think I would like to be a copy of Fahrenheit 451. That way if I was found on a midnight run for my destruction, perhaps I would pique someone’s curiosity and maybe same myself from the fire.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Yes, Laurie of Little Women. I think when I was little I dreamt of finding a man as sensitive and loving, patient and forgiving as Laurie. I think I did.

3. The last book you bought was...?
“Care of The Soul” Thomas Moore and a copy of “Your God is Too Safe” by Mark Buchanan (to replace the copy I “took” from my friend Steve).

4. The last book you read was...?
“Brokenness” by Nancy Leigh-Demoss
“Your God is Too Safe” by Mark Buchanan

5. What are you currently reading?
“Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren
“Page by Page”
“Centering Prayer” by M. Basil Pennington
“The Five People You Meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom
“The Red Sea Rules” by Robert J. Morgan

6. Five books you would take to a desert island?
My study Bible (the one I had in jail with me…which WAS sort of like a desert island)
“Seeds of Hope” (It’s a collection quotes and anticdotes by Henri Nouwen.)
A Hymnal…not sure which one, might have to think on that for a bit.
A book that would teach me sign language. Entertaining learning.
A book on surviving on a desert island. Probably a Reader’s Digest book: with lots of pictures and how to’s.

What three people are you passing this stick on to and why?
Biscotti Brain
Rev Mommy
Debra
(and anyone else interested…coz I love reading about what others are reading!)

Thanks Saija. This was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

I have to finish reading this, so you may get a second comment from me ..but I had to say this ... I had a crush on Laurie too!!!!

I thought he was the absolute perfect guy for me! LOL

I have never heard of anyone else having a crush on Laurie before. So, this is really tickled my funny bone! Thanks!

Saija said...

well i'm glad blogger comment is working again! sheesh ... i was gonna leave a note on your happy dance but couldn't ... :(

loved your list of books! i should have said a hymnal for one of my 5 desert island books ... i love to sing and do that often (just by myself!) ...

thanx for sharing! now must go read your sunday note ... :)