Saturday, March 19, 2005

Out the Door

I’ll be heading out here soon for the prayer retreat with the worship group from T-Net. I have been asked to lead some music. I prepared some. I’m taking my guitar. But I honestly don’t know if I’ll have any voice.

Last night when I got home from work I was miserable. I could barely breathe. Everyone was either making fun of the way I was talking (nasally clogged to the nth degree tank you berry mutch). It was so bad that I broke down and took some Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine. That stuff about makes me gag. But by the time I wanted to sleep, I could breathe a little through my nose. I slept in a chair in the living room with my feet propped up on another chair. I wasn’t sure I’d sleep well or much, but it really worked well. I knew if I laid down I would just drown or cough myself to death.

This morning I’ve been pulling things together to take for the retreat. It looks ridiculous. We have to take our own bedding. We’re cooking our own food. And I have the music and my guitar. Then there’s the suitcase that Nelson and I are sharing, his breathing machine, and various odds and ends. I just stook amidst the collection and laughed. We’re only going to be gone until tomorrow around lunch time!

I received good news yesterday: my drug screen came back clean. (Giggles) Me. Who’s never smoked a cigarette let alone anything “illegal”. Me. Who’s only been drunk once and decided never to do that again…ever! Me. Who feels guilty if I take over the recommended dosage of Advil. Tho’ I must confess I’ve been downing a considerable amount of cough syrup lately…but trust me: I hate it! So anyay: I get to start work on Monday!

At work on Friday I received my thing to get me into the building. It’s like a fob thing that I swipe across a padd at the door to gain access. I have it on my key ring. I got my time card and then went through some initial orientation stuff. They’re talking about giving me my own office, a computer, and three different printers.

Well, it’s time to go. Have a great day and know I’ll be praying for you!

4 comments:

Hope said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. And that you have a great weekend. Very happy for you about the new job too!

jettybetty said...

Do hope you are feeling better--I am an awful sick person--I just don't like to slow down. How was the retreat? 3 printers--wow! They must be expecting some major work from you! JB

Erin said...

I pray you had a wonderful, healing time!

Anonymous said...

Keep Blogging!