Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday Blessings

Shhhhhh. Don't tell, but I slept last night. Really slept. I know I woke up a couple time as I stiffly rolled over. But I didn't cough myself awake. I don't think I coughed at all, not once. I had no drainage that left me feeling like I was drowning either. And I slept until nearly 6am. That's after going to bed shortly after 10pm. Wow.

Nelson bought a store brand cough syrup. It has a decongestant in it. The down side is that while I slept really well...I have no voice. Antihistimes do that to me. I avoid taking them as long as I can, but then when the cough gets intolerable (due to the drainage and the bronchial gunk) I surrender. I have surrendered. I'd rather not cough. A really bad coughing fit can send me straight to the bathroom or worse...to my closet for clean clothes and undies. Sigh.

So I'm not sure about the music for worship today. I can play the guitar fine. I guess I'll start each song and then let them sing. That should work. I picked some really familiar songs. Afterwards we'll meet up with Nelson's boss and another couple for lunch. We going to Golden Corral today.

After lunch I'm heading to Ann's. Penelope is still not feeling well. So it's Grammy to the rescue! There's no work for us at the factory tomorrow so I'll watch Penelope so Annie can go to work. Nelson will going over later in the week to go with Annie and Penelope to an Orthopedic appointment. Have I mentioned that there has been concern since Penelope started walking about the bowing of her legs? Well, let me mention it now: her legs bow considerably. Annie asked about it when she had Penelope at the doctor last week. He expressed concern and immediately made an appointment--for this week. Annie is quite happy to have her Daddy with her for the appointment.

I had a special blessing yesterday afternoon. Beth was getting ready to head back to work and she noticed that someone had pulled into the drive/ally behind her truck and was parking. I went to the door and found that our visitors were our former pastors (married couple) from our church in Springfield (the last church we were at before moving here). Jeff and Joyce had been at a conference meeting nearby and decided to stop in before driving home. We had a lovely visit. Nelson wasn't feeling well and was taking a nap so he missed it. It was good to share news and blessings. And get real hugs. That right there probably fed my soul more than anything! Wow!

Well, it's time to start waking people up and getting ready for worship (physically, the spiritual has already been worked on!)

Blessings.

1 comment:

Saija said...

ENJOY being granny to the rescue ... :) ... that kind of sounds like a superhero, doesn't it?