Sunday, November 11, 2007

KISS

Today's letter is K:
-Kids, I have two of them.
-Krispy Kremes, I love the chocolate iced ones.
-Kennedy, I remember the day JFK was shot. My brother fell down the basement stairs and broke his arm and my mom made lots of black arm bands.
-Kansas City, I don't think of myself as a "city girl" but I really liked KC.

Today's word is KISS:
-First kiss was from Clint on the railroad tracks after the Halloween Party in 1970.
-First French kiss was from a very mysterious and passionate young man (at least three years my senior) that I met at the county fair in summer of 1971.
-Kiss that changed my life was from PR.
-I about knocked Nelson down to get my first kiss from him.
-Kisses that are the best right now come from grandbabies and mostly from Asher these days.


Writing Prompt: Most memorable kiss: a plaque that was on my dad’s desk that had the word KISS on it with these words written underneath: Keep It Simple Stupid. A statement that shapes me today.
********************************************************************************

Yesterday was fun. I was part of a mass choir that recorded back up on an upcoming CD by a man from our church. This is his second CD. He’s quite good. He’s from Venezuela. There were about 30 of us in the choir and the recording guy explained how he would make us sound like 90. The technique is overlaying. We recorded two songs. It took us a little over two hours. In the end we were able to hear a “rough cut” of the second song. It was so cool. I could imagine bopping down the road to it—once I have a CD player in my car.

Nelson and I went to a locally owned steakhouse for dinner last night. I had soup and a sandwich. I wish I just got twice the soup. When I asked what the soup of the day was, because that was what I was REALLY in the mood for, she told me lobster bisque. When I made a face that obviously displayed my “gee-I-wonder-what-that-tastes-like-I’ve-never-had-that” look she offered to bring me a taste. It was scrumptious. I liked it so much that Nelson is going to check at Gordon Food Services (big food distribution company) to see if they have it. Oh I hope so!!!

Today is church and football and I think I’ll take a friend out for dinner. I wonder if Jake’s has any leftover bisque? TTFN

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

Kisses and Krispy Kremes! Now that sounds yummy together.

(I love the chocolate iced ones, too!)