Saturday, November 24, 2007

Incredible Vacation Day 1

What a day!

We ate breakfast at Panera. Yum.


We shopped. I some beautiful things from J.Jill, Talbotts, and Ann Taylor. Nelson got gift cards off ebay and always makes sure that he gets them for a good price.

We ate lunch at a place called Kona Grill. Oh my! Nelson had the most amazing meal. His appetizer was avacado egg rolls with a honey cilantro dipping sauce. Then he had their Big Island Meatloaf. I know he was purring. ")

We shopped in the afternoon and then went back to the hotel to rest before dinner. Winter was at the M&S Grille--more incredible eats! Double yum!!

After dinner we made our way to the Lyric Theater for the KC symphony concert. We got there early--or at least just in time for the pre-concert comments. Right after we sat down the guest conductor and the composer of the one piece. It was so cool to sit in on this. I learned so much. The piece that opened the evening was by the composer and it was the American premier. It was so amazing, but as special as it was what came next was even better. A little 20 year old gal came out and sat down to play Mendelssohn's Concerto No. 1 in G minor for Piano and Orchestra, op. 25. The pianist was Yuja Wang. Oh my. Oh wow. I don't know who Mendelssohn thought would be able to play the piece. It just flies. I have to admit that about half-way through all I could hear was Little Einsteins doing their little "pat, pat, pat" that they do to get the music to speed up. Then I pictured a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It was bad because I started to get the giggles. Fortunately, I was able to pull myself back together.

It's just been a really wonderful day with more to come tomorrow. c It's just been a really wonderful day with more to come tomorrow. One thing Nelson had thought about doing tonight was taking a carriage ride, but it was just way too cold. Maybe we can get it in tomorrow. We saw the traditional white carriage going through the Plaza. We saw another carriage that was way cute too: a pumpkin that was all lit up with little twinkle lights.

Oh, and I am now the proud owner of a 2002 Jeep Liberty. We just have to figure out how to get to Mt. Airy, NC to get it. Nelson actually got such a good deal on it that he might have it shipped. We'll see when we get home.

Now...I'm ready for bed. All that fresh air has left me a bit sleepy. Sweet dreams.

No comments: