Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Reason to Celebrate

Write everyday.
That’s not easy. And not always very interesting.
Monday night: It’s been a good evening. Nelson was so proud of himself. He took a shower without his walker. It’s unseasonably warm here (nearly 70degrees) so Nelson wanted to wear his flip flops. Prior to this accident anytime he wasn’t wearing workboots he had on flops. He’s hurting now. The combination of the extra walking without his boot and getting worked over at therapy took a painful toll. The interesting thing is that he’s smiling. He needed this boost, to see what he could do, to regain just a bit of independence.

Son went home a couple days early. I think he got tired of sleeping on the couch. Much as I love him, I wasn’t unhappy for him to go home. Beth’s out tonight, too. So it’s just me and the big guy.

Fell asleep in the chair…went to bed early.

Tuesday night: It was a good day. I had to look busy all day long. I’m good at looking busy. I had no workers today because I had no parts to package. I hated telling the crew there would be no work, but not near as bad as I felt calling in and telling them there wouldn’t be any work again tomorrow.

Tonight I joined an exercise group at church. It’s a women’s group that follows the Leslie Sansone aerobic walking program. My hips were burning for a while, but I persevered through and was able to complete the whole workout. Yay for me! The group works out on Tuesday and Thursday—and I’m going to do them both!!!!

But wait…there’s more!!!!

Nelson peed in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!! I offered to burn that stupid urinal jug, but I was told no. Drat. Oh well, I’m going to celebrate the end of pee dumping.

It was a very, very good day.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Popped over here wondering how your were. It's good to hear this report. :o)

Erin said...

LOL! Yay for the end of pee dumping!! That is definately something to celebrate.

And boy, between the salads for lunch and working out at church, how fabulous!

jettybetty said...

Definitely reasons to celebrate!

Saija said...

you precious soul ... i am smiling and celebrating!