Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mario Laughter

It is the evening of my baby’s birthday. At this time 22 years ago I was starting into some serious labor and she was born at nine minutes after one in the wee hours of the morning.

Right now, Nelson and Beth are enjoying Beth’s birthday present. Not long ago she told her dad that she wanted a Nintendo Gamecube. Nelson saw in Sunday’s ads that Target had this system (bundled with extra controller and cool Mario games) was on sale. He had purchased some Target gift cards on Ebay so we got the system for a greatly reduced price. If I didn’t know better I would think that there are two giggly adolescents in my living room right now! It’s wonderful to hear their laughter.

I have worked extra hard the last two days. We’ve had a couple new people start so I wanted to keep an eye on them, make sure they were trained right, and were able to see the level of work I expected—and who better to show them than me? I was heaving parts and boxes. I was setting the pace by stamping parts at a killer pace. I just hope I can move tomorrow.

As much as I may be enjoying the laughter, I’m afraid I’m going to have to mosey my weariest of bodies off to bed. Adieu!

2 comments:

Saija said...

hey you ... just got caught up on your very thoughtful posts from this week (you've been writing more i see) ...

hope you got a good rest ... (hugs)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...I've been out of the blog world for a while, good to be back...I hope all is well with you?