Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No Matter What

The scripture prompt was:
(Meditation: Jeremiah 17:7-8)Blessed are those who trust in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. The shall be like a tree planted by water sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit.

The written prayer was:
God, if today brings joy, I will rest in You. If today brings pain, I will rest in You. If today brings accomplishment and success, I will rest in You. If today brings set-back and failure, I will rest in You. If today brings vibrant good health, I will rest in You. If today brings sickness and death, I will rest in You. You are my rock and my salvation. Through Jesus Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Where it took me:
This reminded me of the "nevertheless" faith of the three Hebrews as they faced being thrown into the fiery furnace. And of Job who asked: shall we take the good and not the bad? No matter what. Come what may. Deeper, deeper though it cost hard trials.

When I was a counselor with kids, I often played the game Chutes and Ladders with them. Even with the older ones. The game teaches very well the concept of both negative and positive consequences. I used it also to talk with them about pushing on in spite of the negative. I needed the message as much as I shared it.

So today, no matter what! I WILL enjoy the people who cross my path. I WILL look for and expect the blessings of God to be present and for God’s presence to walk with me. And it will be a goodly day. Amen.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Wow. This reminds me of what I just wrote . . .

Interestingly you quoted a scripture I recently read and a song I've been singing in my heart today. Perhaps God is reinforcing my thoughts and yours. Thanks for the wonderful post.

Barbara said...

This is so healing. I just love the written prayer! It reminds me to give thanks to God with each triumph and to trust that in times of hardship,in Christ I can depend.

Erin said...

:)

And I pray that you have many more days that start just like this :)

Fieldfleur said...

Hi daisymarie,
I came across your blog from some byway or another, and I'm really enjoying your perspective on faith and life. So... if you don't mind, I've put your link on my sidebar!

Hope you're having a blessed day,
Teri