Sunday, October 09, 2005

Lavished with Blessings

Blessed. That’s the only way to describe it. That’s totally how I feel, from the wee hairs on my head to the bottom of my toes!

We just got home from worship. And God being God, well I just got my socks blessed right off!

The music was completely uplifting. And it was so absolutely wonderful to sing out. I’ve embarrassed my children on more than one occasion because I am a loud singer when I get to praising. Fortunately, I am also a pretty good singer. I confess this morning, I just got lost in it!

The church has a ramp and an elevator. We used the ramp for Nelson today, but will try the elevator next Sunday. It just takes a lot of energy to hobble all the way from the car to the pew.

We had barely sat down when an older woman—mid to late 70’s walked over to us in the pew. She handed me a piece of cloth, but it was more than it appeared. She said that she had to use a walker a while back due to a broken leg and she started making these. It was/is a carrier thing to attach to Nelson’s walker. It has a large pouch on one side and a divided pouch on the other. It’s even sort of manly, in that it’s sage green and the ties and piping has mallard ducks on it. Another blessing.

We were greeted by several people that we knew and others who were just friendly. The atmosphere was very inviting and I felt comfortable. This was important to me. It’s very easy for me to slip into discomfort and shame mode. That didn’t happen.

Then Pastor brought the message. (Insert a big grin…you know the kind where you realize once again that God really is aware of your need). The text for the message was Mark 2:1-12. Pastor spoke about getting more than you expect, and more specifically on inner healing. I made a few notes, but mostly I listened…and heard….and was blessed.

I remember learning a Bible verse when I was in third grade. That would be nearly 40 years ago. I have treasured it, but no more so than today…with just a tad of adaptation: I was glad when they said unto me, it’s okay to go to the House of the Lord! Today, it was like coming home—which is absolutely one of my favorite biblical images and most powerful song expressions as well.

I can’t say it any clearer: I’m feeling totally, absolutely, and completely blessed.

And now I’m going to drive an hour and a half to have birthday lunch with my 23yr old (when did that happen?) daughter and nearly two year old granddaughter. Life is very, very good!

7 comments:

Hope said...

Very happy for you!!

Constance said...

Wonderful Daisymarie. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, and that expression of worship sounds like it was full of Thanksgiving for you. You blessed me.

HeyJules said...

Daisymarie, you get BACK over to FOF and come up with the best words to describe your churchgoing yesterday or I swear I will hunt you down! I want to hear you describe every joyous, hopeful, translucent moment of yesterday's adventure back to the world of churchdom. C'mon...don't you want to win the prize???

Anonymous said...

and we rejoice for the river is here.

What a blessing
What a joy :)

I'm very happy for you!

Erin said...

Another vote for 'very happy for you!!' :)

jettybetty said...

Me, too--I am rejoicing with you--I pray God will just keep blessing you socks off!

Saija said...

ah sweet tina! how wonderfully lovely is that ... i am just weeping (i've been doing alot of that lately, but atleast this is a good kind!) here, so over joyed for you ...