Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tootsie Tales

It takes 50 minutes to walk home. I’m terribly out of shape. It’s only two and a half miles. Maybe two and three quarters.

My car is in the shop. Probably the heater core. More probably $500. But at least it will be fixed.

Beth took me to work this morning and then she and Nelson went over to Ann’s to care for Penelope for the day while Ann worked a booth at the county fair for her Home and Garden Party stuff. Hope it went well.

But that’s why I had to walk…too many hills to ride my bike. I like walking. Shouldn’t do it again in my steel toe shoes. Beth will be able to drive me tomorrow. Hopefully the car will be done soon.

I was a sloth this weekend and it was glorious! Oh, I did laundry, washed dishes, vacuumed, bathed the dog and the husband…but for the most part I just rested and it felt marvelous.

Just wanted to let you know I hadn’t dropped off the face of the planet. It’s just peace-full and walk-full.

And now I’m going to go soak my tootsies. TTFN

4 comments:

Melissa said...

God bless those weekends!

jettybetty said...

I feel like I have dropped off the edge--glad to know you had some time to relax!

JB

Saija said...

hope you and your tootsies have a relaxing weekend! and isn't it amazing, when us women rest - we still manage to get atleast an hour or two's worth of household chores done! ? ?

Constance said...

Good for you doing something for yourself Daisymarie. Seems like you are often busy for others, including the most incredible man on the face of the earth.