Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Splendiferous

adj : having great beauty and splendor; "a glorious spring morning"; "a glorious sunset"; "splendid costumes"; "a kind of splendiferous native simplicity" [syn: glorious, resplendent, splendid]

That’s how my day has been. Here’s why:
-I slept in later.
-I had a new cinna-yummy coffee in my little coffee maker at work.
-I got ribbons so that I could print labels so I could package parts.
-The moves-slower-than-a-sloth kid I have working for me (who is the biggest drama queen alive) decided that he was going to try and work today (I really chewed him out yesterday…must have done some good.)
-I’ve been making sun tea for the past three days and it’s so yummy. Beth requested it (so it’s decaffeinated), but it has been so refreshing!!! No more pop for me.

(HERE’S A BIGGIE) I only worked 8ish hours today. Yes, I punched in a little early and I didn’t get out of there until 10 til 4, but the 12 hour days are over for now!!!

(WAIT THERE’S AN EVEN BIGGER BIGGIE) I remembered on my way home that I needed to stop and see my PO. What made me remember was the log I have to fill out. I didn’t have to do this until I moved to this county. I came and went for over two years, but when I moved here one of the first requirements was to keep a log of EVERYWHERE I went in the car. Any time I drove I was to log it. The family was initially annoyed, but then just went along with it. So I filled out the log and dashed to the PO’s office.

When I got there we spent quite a bit of time talking about the situation between Beth and the jerky boyfriend. We got there because one of the standard questions is whether I’ve had any contact with the police since our last visit. I told her no, but that I was close to calling them if Beth hadn’t filed a report on her own. My PO gave me some advice about the situation. So basically, we spent the whole time talking about Beth. Then I left.

As I pulled up beside the house, Nelson was yelling out the window. I couldn’t understand him—I thought maybe he was yelling at the dog. So I filled out my log and headed to the door. While I was still on the porch Nelson told me through the window that my PO had called and to let me know that I no longer need to keep the logs.

Now that may not sound like much to you, but it’s a huge piece of freedom and normalcy for me. I decided to celebrate so I drove to the gas station to fill up my car (gas is a couple cents cheaper on Tuesdays) and then to Taco Bell for a fiesta chicken taco alad. Yummmmmmmmm! And I didn’t write any of it down. (Insert huge smile here.)

So now I’m going to read about the goings on of others, drink my sun tea, finish some scrabble games, and then toddle off to bed.

It’s been a really, really good day.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so very happy for you :)
And pray for many, many more!

Melissa said...

Praise God that makes my heart happy!

Saija said...

rejoicing with you! :o) freedom is a wonderful feeling! glad you had an enjoyable day too!!!

and it looks like you will have to activate that spam thingy on blogger so that you won't get the unsolicited ads ... i wonder if anyone EVER buys any of that stuff ...

jettybetty said...

I am rejoicing with you too!!!
Yayay!!!!

JB

Jeff H said...

Congrats on your freedom!!!

Hey, that first comment (by "anonymous") is a spam comment. You can keep them off your blog by going into your Blogger Dash, Settings, Comments, and adding Word Verification. Commenters have to take the rather trivial added step of tying in a word into the verification box, but it'll stop the spammers cold.

Constance said...

You know what??? The new freedom is evidenced in your writing. You are literally skipping here. Blessings,