Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sigh

I'm in love.

Nelson and I went and looked at a house today.Here it is: http://www.cbward.com/listings/detail.php?lid=19731630&limit=0&offset=75&&&posc=89&post=184&cfq=limit%3D25%26pricemax%3D999999999%26radarea%3D0%26searchtype%3D1%26cidonly%3D1%26SRSearchDate%3D1186252601%26SRRecordCount%3D184%26SRPageCount%3D8%26SRPage%3D4

It is beyond gorgeous. On the first floor there is a living room, formal dining room, butler's pantry, pantry, back porch with laundry, kitchen, another eating area, a parlor, and a half bath. The wood work is phenominal. There are pocket doors all over and the windows and built ins outstanding.

The basement is never ending. It is dry. There are four areas down there.
On the second floor there is a small bedroom, a 3/4 bath (shower only), a master suite (full bath, bedroom with built in book shelves, a sitting room with a fireplace and french doors opening to a balcony over the huge front porch), and two nice bedrooms--all with hardwood floors.

The third floor is finished with two rooms. One was used as a bedroom and has a closet and built in dresser. The other room was a TV room.

There are several flower beds around the house with mature plants and shrubs. The back yard is fenced. There is a three car garage with a second floor the current owners were thinking about turning into an apartment for housing grad students.

From the time the house was built in 1896 until 1997 there were only three owners. It is decorated to period. NONE of the wood work is painted. I could move in today and not do anything to it.

I want it. It means we would have to stay here instead of moving to Arizona. It's the kind of gem you just don't find anymore. Nelson was already talking about how we could go to auctions and fill it. It is what I have always dreamed of.

Darn it all if we didn't just sign a year lease here. We laughed at how Asher could go hide and we might not find him for a few hours. We'd have to get pretty good at "Marco Polo."

We're going to pray about it. God is going to have to make this really clear to us. Nelson said, "What if someone else buys it before we get that clear sign from God?" I told him that would be a really, really clear sign. ")

I would just have to plant some lilacs to make it truly perfect.

9 comments:

HeyJules said...

It's gorgeous! Need a roommate with two pugs???

daisymarie said...

YES!!! :)

jettybetty said...

What a find! I will pray God makes it really clear to you--patience would be soooo hard for me with something like this!

Judy said...

I can't see it. :(

But, it sounds like the perfect dream home!

Anyway, it's terribly hot in Arizona.

(glad to read that your surgery went well!)

Heidi Renee said...

it's beautiful!

these big decisions are so difficult aren't they? praying for guidance for you & nelson as i type.

daisy said...

What a lovely place. What would stop you from buying it?

I love it! I'll pray for clarity and direction for you. I had to laugh at your answer to Nelson about a really, really clear sign! You are too funny.

Saija said...

wow, what wonderful charactor it has!!!! and roomy ... wow!!!

you could always sublet the rental, if you can't get out of it ....

wow again - "Lord please make your will clear to Tina and Nelson ... and i do pray that they receive the desire of their heart ... in Jesus name ... "

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE it! Buy it! Buy it! ...teee...heee... because I'd love to see more pictures of it and the way you would decorate it. :) Thanks for your comment at my blog.... It was great to see you again! Blessings, Debra

Judy said...

OH! I can see it now!

I LOVE it!

Houses like that have a charm and beauty that never seem to fade.

I'm in love with it too! I hope you can get it.