Saturday, August 18, 2007

Finding My Smile

It's Saturday morning. I'm about to head out to Curves. I've been up for little over a half hour. I slept better last night. It's supposed to be cooler today. I get to spend the day with three of my favorite people, doing something I usually enjoy: shopping. I'm anticipating a rise in the smile factor today!

Nelson was able to get some overtime in today. His machine has been down most of the week so he's been filling in wherever all week and that typically doesn't lead to overtime. The break has been somewhat nice, but we don't want to break the bank either!

It's been stressful here for young Beth and Ron. It's definitely a matter for prayer.

We met Annie halfway last night to make the Penelope swap. Caden was saying "Mema." It just tickled my heart. He's getting so many more words. I won't surprised if doesn't come up with a dozen more this week with big sissy not around to hog all the air space. And Miss P can talk and talk and talk. Lately, she just calls to talk--her mommy and daddy are going to find one heck of a minute plan when she gets older! One night we (I mean she) talked to me for over 25 minutes! The next night she called while I was at work and bent Pepa's ear for 31!! And it's all understandable conversation. And she's so animimated and emphatic. What a joy!!!! It's going to be an interesting week, to say the least.

I went to the doctor yesterday. I almost didn't. I thought my appointment was at 3:00. I couldn't find the card, but in my pea brain I was certain. At 10:15 yesterday morning, Beth calls me at work and tells me that they called from the doctor's office and my appointment had been for 9:00! I was sick. This doctor is wonderful and lots of people see her. Rescheduled appointments can be a month off. I called, ready to beg. The receptionist was so nice. They squeezed me in at 1:30. Thankful barely comes close to describing me! She says I look ok. She says sometimes it goes this way. She says she'll see me in another month. I trust her. I will feel better. I will.

There's a new song being chirped outside my window. It's as if God has hand delivered chipper to me this morning. I think I'll accept it and revel in the gift of this day. Hope you can, too.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better - at least mentally. Not feeling well is such a drag on the spirit!

Have a wonderful day shopping and may you find many wonderful bargains!

Saija said...

awwww, i was sorry to read you were down ... i was there last week too ... and wasn't blogging/reading blogs much ... i am sorry to have missed an opportunity to pray for you dear one ... i'm glad that you found your smile again ...

blessings on you ...