Friday, August 24, 2007

")

Last night I wanted to write, but it’s hard when you’re doubled over with cramps. Today I’m fine. They seem to be worse in the evening. My family is getting concerned. I’m just tired.

It’s been a rough week. Penelope is in full 3yr mode: cute as a button, ornery as the dickens, stubborn as a mule, smart as a whip, and more opinionated than a sixteen year old! We think it might be better to consider shorter stays. The one nice thing is that she is very well-potty trained. We’ve only had one accident and that was probably my fault for not realizing how late it was when I gave her something to drink before bedtime. Ann and Travis will be here today with Caden for the weekend. “)

Ron moved out this week. I miss having him around, but I know it’s the right thing for their relationship. They needed some space. Hopefully this will help heal things and enable to know if they’re ready to move on in their relationship. It’s just so hard to balance support and opinion.

Nelson may be going to second shift at Rcompany. We’ve had to really talk about how life is going to go if he does. Will I still be able to work at Curves? Hopefully. If Beth can request and secure Tuesday nights off then, it looks like a definite yes. If not, but Beth and Ron stay together, perhaps he’ll be able to work his schedule so he can watch Asher and I’ll be able to work. I had to talk to my boss because I’ll need to be home by 3:30 some days or 4:00 on others. That’s not unreasonable since most days I go in at 6:30. When I go home I’ll have my cell and access to the internet so I can carry on some business. But we’ll just have to wait until Monday to see if the shift will be changed for sure.

Another really neat thing happened for Nelson at work, too. He has worked in home building, remodeling, carpentry, and the like for most of our married life. When he wasn’t doing that he was cooking in a restaurant. So this transition to manufacturing has been different. I thought it would be more challenging for him. He has learned to run at least three different CNC (computer numeric controlled) machines on the fly. Most CNC operators go to school to learn what he has in a short period of time. He’s done well and I’m so very proud of him. Anyway, earlier this week his boss (my old boss who I think the world of) came and told him that he was going to go to Michigan next week with one of the company engineers and the guy responsible for the gages in the plant to learn some new gaging system. They’ll leave on Wednesday morning and return Thursday evening. Did I mention how proud I am of him? “)

Work has been interesting. We had a bomb threat yesterday at the worksite (fortunately I wasn’t there at the time). It was probably called in by a disgruntled employee. We were contacted by two lawyers regarding matters with former employees. Oh, and someone filed an OSHA complaint. It’s never dull with the folks I work with!

I was supposed to lead a workshop for the Huron County Job and Family Services on interview skills. I stopped on my way at the Goodwill to prove a point. While I was there I bought a faux three piece Alfred Dunner suit (pants, and a jacket with a “fake” vest. So many times when I tell people how they should dress for interviews they tell me that they can’t afford it. I bought a name brand, quality, good condition suit for $10. I was excited to include my purchase in my lecture, when I was informed as I arrived that no one had shown for the class. Sigh. I guess I’ll save my notes for another time and just look forward to wearing my new suit! “)

Have a smile filled day! “)

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

Hey, I'd just hang on to that receipt and show it off at every meeting you go to! What a buy! That should shut a few people right down...

Tell Nelson congrats on the great work. Hope the new shift thing all works out for you.

Still dreaming of that new house or is that now on hold for good?

Erin said...

Are you going to go back to the doctors?
I'm with your family on this one.

Take care...