Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day

Saturday night I called my mom and read her what I had written. I was crying before I was done and so was she. I wanted to read it to her so she could hear the inflections where I wanted them. It was very special.

Nelson and I are very concerned for Annie and Trav. They just haven’t learned how to communicate with one another. They store up all their emotions, especially their anger, and then explode on one another. We wanted to just scoop Ann and Pnel up and bring them home. Nelson was fearful of what Trav might be saying when he wasn’t around, based on what he heard when he was there! After we left they had a huge fight and Ann ended up going to a friend’s house with Pnel. She’s home now.

We know that they care for one another. They just need help. Nelson and I talked about it last night and again over lunch today. We decided to offer to pay their way to a Marriage Encounter/Enrichment weekend and would even go along if that would help them feel more comfortable. Annie’s going to talk to Trav about it. Nelson and I went to one of these weekends after we’d been married a few years. Early on Mr. Wonderful used to put me down terrible, especially in front of other people. In that weekend he learned what he was doing to me and there was a huge change in him. He slips occasionally, but it’s rare and quite the exception.

Nelson got me a sweet little gift for Mother’s Day. He bought me the Bullet (as seen on TV) off of Ebay. He’s already made me guacamole (one of my most favorite foods in the world) and a strawberry milkshake for dinner! Mmmmmm. It was a gift for me, but I imagine he’ll use it bunches more than me.

Well, that was my day. I hope yours was as sweet!

3 comments:

Peg said...

Glad you had a great day - mine was as well!!!!!

jettybetty said...

Two of my favorite foods as well! What a sweet gift! JB

Saija said...

i'm glad you had a sweet day of it, Tina ... :o)

and that is wonderful of you guys to help in a tangible way like paying for a marriage seminar ... those are good to go too ... we went once upon a time too ... it was most helpful and we saw spots that needed work!