Saturday, May 14, 2005

Feeling Good

Well, I did it. It’s been really warm this week at the factory. I was wearing my hair pulled back off my face. No real style, just function: keep it off my face! I hadn’t had it cut since right before Annie’s wedding last September. It was down to my shoulders. But my hair is so baby fine and thin that if put it in a “ponytail” it was just laughable.

So I went hunting on the internet for a short hairstyle. This is the one I found that I liked http://www.short-hairstyles.com/short/s20.htm Trouble was that when I went to connect my laptop to the printer I couldn’t print. When Nelson reformatted my hard drive recently he didn’t reload the printer. I almost didn’t go. I knew what the picture/cut looked like but sometimes I think that stylists hear a different language. I was afraid of what I might get.

I went to “Famous Hair” to get my hair cut. I have been there twice now and I am very impressed. The stylist took a lot of time to listen to my explanation. She was a little older, so she understood when I said I didn’t want all the flippy stuff that is so popular with the kids these days. I needed a more mature cut. Sheesh, did I feel old!

She did a fabulous job!!!!!! My hair doesn’t look exactly like the picture, but it would be hard to get that kind of fullness on my head without some kind of hair transplant. But it’s similar. I really like it. Nelson gave his approval—even though he would rather it be long. Beth told me it looked really cute too. It’s going to be so easy to take care of and so much cooler at the factory. I’m really pleased.

It’s a quiet Saturday here. Nelson and I hit some garage sales. Found some good deals and only bought what we “needed.” Then we went grocery shopping. Lots of healthy eats. After that we had lunch at the Ponderosa Buffet. It was good and I behaved myself. I took a couple bites of my dessert and then just opted to have a second cup of coffee. That felt good.

Nelson is napping now. We’ll probably pull out the Scrabble board and watch the race. All in all, a very good day!

No comments: