Friday, May 20, 2005

Eeyoresque

I’m starving. Really craving. And the sustenance I am in desperate need of is something I crave even more than chocolate. It’s human contact.

I think I’m a smidgen blue. It’s not depression. Just sort of melancholy. Yep that’s it, just a temporary case of the Eeyore’s.

I love my online friends. There are people here who make me smile, they sometimes really do make me laugh right out loud. I eagerly reach for the computer to read about how their day has gone, what’s the latest piece of challenge that they’re facing. I weep with them too. Their sadness breaks my heart. Some challenge me to think deeper and love more honestly. I treasure them.

I work so much and fill my evenings with computer time. I don’t have church friends, since the group we meet with is extremely small (usually only two other couples) and their lives are busy with their families and work.

I enjoy the people I work with, but they aren’t my friends. I talk occasionally with my ex-sis in law/best friend Rhonda, but her life is quite busy and scheduling time together is tough.

I guess tonight I’m just feeling a little lonely. Nelson has been so discouraged lately that it’s been hard to even be around him without feeling like I have to be careful about what I say or do.

I’m sure it will pass. But in the meantime, a real hug would sure feel nice. A face to face conversation or laughter with a friend would just do my heart good. Perhaps I’ll just go take a walk, listen to the birds and smell the flowers. We’ll see.

Just thought I’d let you know how I was feeling tonight. TTFN.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, girl. I'm sorry. I've been missing my online friends too.

There really isn't anything like a great human connection...

I can only offer a virtual hug. I know they kinda suck... make you want to feel the warmth of skin so much more, but it's the best I can do.

Love you, girl. (OOOOOOOO)

Saija said...

i'm sure we would have much to share, Tina, if we could visit ... instead i must send cyber ((hugs)) too ... and i understand the loneliness that chronic pain and other "happenings" can create for the spouse ... the Lord remembers our frame, that we are but dust ... and there will be an end to the sadness of this little blue planet one day ... BUT He has placed blog friends into our lives to bring cheer (or so i have found out) ... you've done that for me and i thank you for it ...

i ramble 'cause i'm tired and there is work tomorrow ... just came to see if you had blogged (i have checked before!) ... hope a good sleep will bring refreshing to you and Nelson ...

in HIM! saija

Theresa Coleman said...

Well, I missed you. It was 4 days without a posting and I was worried. I was a fixin' to send a Mayday to see where you went.

Here's some cyber-hugs
{{{{hugs}}}}