Friday, November 03, 2006

Shopping

In my closet!!!

I just love doing that. I was thinking about the holidays coming up and I realized that I didn't have a dress up dress. So I went to my closet to see what might be hiding. What I found made three shades of giddy and had me doing the happy dance!!!

First, I found a red dress that I bought back for Annie's wedding. Problem was--it was too small when it came time for the wedding. But it fits now and will be perfect for the Christmas banquet. Yay!!! Then I got brave and tried on my 100% rough silk dress (bought way back when we lived in Kansas City and I paid $150 for it)--and it fit!!!! I was ecstatic! Then I remembered I had bought a denim dress, long sleeve with pin-tucks down the front, and a suede collar and cuffs. It's a size 14--and it fits AND I'm wearing it to work today. I'm just enjoying this!!!

And surprise, surpise: I LOVE being on a diet! Not just for the "new" clothes. Nelson made Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from the low carb cookbook I bought for Sweetest Day. Oh my gosh!!!!!!! He made them in the mini-muffin pan and we used fat free cream cheese with them. I ate four which was 208 cal, 16g fat, 10g protein, and 12 carbs (with fat free cream cheese: 223cal, 16g fat, 12g protein, and 13.5 carbs). They're made with almond flour. Nels even made them healthier by adding ground flax seed. I love muffins from Perkins' bake shop: these were better than anything I ever got there. I'll post the recipe later.

The only sad note to my day was that someone from work is going through a rough time. Not one of my workers, but one of the people from R Company. I've mentioned her before, and I probably haven't been too kind. She found my blog and has appeared to take great delight in spreading my business in a malicious manner. I haven't handled that as tactfully as I probably could or should have. It's weird. I don't mind that she reads, but I never got why she felt this need to dish the dirt.

Anyway, I heard that her nephew died suddenly and it was quite a blow to the family. I'm sad on two fronts by this. Loss of young people is a tragedy and I relate to the grief and pain. But the other piece of this loss is that her anger and disdain for me (I guess because of my crime) has put up such a barrier that I don't know that I could reach over, around or through it to express my condolences. That makes me sad. Maybe she'll read this and she'll find out that my heart aches for her and I'm praying for her and for her family. That much, no matter what, I can and will do!

So, now I'm off to a seminar. Oh, I forgot to write about that. The local seminary (where I got 2 of my 3 degrees) has a Leadership Center and they were sponsoring a seminar on Faith and Business. Our agency was invited. Dan accepted for us. So, yesterday I basked in a learning environment and was challenged in my thinking--it was great!! Today, there are two workshops within walking distance from my house and I'll be done with them by 2:00 so I can still get some stuff done in the office.

Mmmmm, Nelson just told me what I'm having for lunch: a salmon salad with all the fixings. Did I mention I love being on a diet? TTFN

1 comment:

Saija said...

i love your diet food! wanna share?