Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And Now...

We aren't going to bid on the house. Nelson's boss signed off on Nelson and so technically, he's unemployed. The good side to this is that he can look for other work. The down side, especially where the house is concerned, is that he's unemployed. We already lost one house in the bankruptcy (2002) and I don't want to go there again.

Speaking of the bankruptcy...what we found out on that is that the mortgage company signed off on the house January 2004 and the house didn't sell at sheriffs auction until January 2005. Most mortgage companies won't touch you until 36 months after the sale. Here, we had been counting time from the bankruptcy. Little things you don't get told. Sigh. Nelson did find a company that would work with us, but the payment would have been way more than we could have afforded. Guess I'll just go buy some paint.

I was so sleepy last night after work. I was falling asleep in my chair at 7:30pm. Beth was in Toledo, with Asher and Ron, visiting Nelson's sister. So with a little encouragement from Nelson, I went to bed...at 7:30! And I slept until 5:30 this morning. I just don't do that. Guess I must have needed it.

Well, I'm off to Sandtown to meet with clients this morning and then at Nortown in the afternoon. I combined Wednesday and Friday's office times today since this Thursday and Friday I'll be at a Leadership Conference at the seminary. It looks good. I'm kinda excited to get into a learning setting again.

Looks like it's time to head north. Have a wonderful day and stay warm!!

1 comment:

Hope said...

What colours are you going to paint? I have always had white walls in every house I've lived in (18 at last count)and am thinking that in the spring I need to get some colour going around here.

I am disappointed for you about the house. We've been through bankruptcy and how it messes things up. Well, for us, how we messed things up. We are in a house of our own now and that is a first for us in nearly 25 years together. Time for some colour.