Wednesday, November 08, 2006

REALLY quick

Monday: worked at factory. We were way under the gun to get the balance of a HUGE order out on time. Worked past the point of exhaustion--barely fell into bed. Thank God for Aleve.

Tuesday: taught. It felt so good and was SOOOOOO much fun. The component of the training that I was assigned was to help the group start thinking of possibilities and valuing their unique gifts and contributions. To say the least I was stoked--and they really seemed to engage.

Today: teaching again. My component is on goal setting. This is something I've gotten better with. The guy before me will teach them how to write a mission statement and follow by helping them set their goals based upon the foundation of their dreams and mission. Should be an energy filled afternoon!

Nelson went to the auction of the second house last night. This one was quite cool. I liked it better than the last and really liked that it had an attached apt that Beth and Asher could have lived in. Nelson bid up to 77k. It went for 78k. Must be something better out there. No more auctions for a while so we can take more time to look.

Nelson has an apt with the BWC guy today. This is the job related part of the process now. Since his former employer signed off, he's now able to start looking for a different job. We need to get him a super-duper resume. Won't be hard.

I'm writing this at work because the laptop died the other night. Some problem in the power connector. Nelson ordered a new cord and adapter, but it just wouldn't keep the charge. Now the only computer in the house is the daughter's and we can only access it when she's at work. I just don't think she'd appreciate me going into her room at 4:30am when I typically get online...

Well, I'm out the door. Enjoy the absence of political ads and pray for the new folks in office!

No comments: