Friday, January 28, 2005

The Week in Review: Many Blessings

I want to start out with something neat that occurred yesterday. Beth, our younger (21) daughter, is sick. She’s been feeling badly since Monday. Wednesday when she came home from work we looked in her throat and there two huge white blotchy spots. We determined she wasn’t going to work and we would try to get her into the doctor on Thursday. Nelson stayed home and did "nurse Dad" duty for the first shift.

Fortunately, we were able to get her into the doctor in the morning. She took one look at Beth’s throat and gasped. She knew it was either strep or staff infection and since she knew our financial situation (low income and no insurance) she passed on the culture and prescribed amoxocillian. Nelson and Beth made their way over to Walmart to get the script filled. They were the second ones in line. Thursday the pharmacy was having a one day sale. They were filling all scripts for amoxocillian FREE! We accepted their gracious offer.

Coincidence? I think not. I’m thankful again, as always, for God’s amazing provision.

Beth has taken three pills and all the white is gone from her throat! She’s back to her opinionated self. She’s not to go back to work until Sunday. I hope we survive that long!

It’s been a long but good week otherwise. Monday there wasn’t any work for us at the factory, so I went to the other daughter’s and played with my granddaughter all day! In the evening Ann had a Pampered Chef party. It was fun. Almost everyone who came was family of my SIL. They are so open and accepting of Annie. It makes me feel really good.

Tuesday I drove home early and got to the factory shortly after 10am. We worked hard and put out over 700parts. We worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as well. Today, Nelson didn’t have any pressing construction work so he came and helped us out. It was fun to work together. When the day was over I asked him what he thought of my little job. He said I should either ask for more money or find another job. He said I work too hard and get paid too little. I’m not sure how realistic that all is since he has such an inflated estimation of my value. (It’s quite nice to be treasured!)

I ordered Thomas Moores’ "Care of the Soul" from half.com and it arrived the other day. I left my book about David at my sister’s last weekend (I love to have a book with me to read, but there’s always a 50/50 chance I’ll forget it...just a little scattered). This definitely not going to be a book that I will race through. You’ll most likely hear more about that later...

As for my computer...My darling husband (persevering soul that he is) was able to make it work. In fact it is working faster than it has in a very long time. The drawback is that all my files appear to be gone (and since nothing I write is worth up to $300, they’ll stay gone!). I hope that he is able to get it back on line sometime this weekend. In the meantime I will work on his computer. It’s such a blessing to have more than one computer.

I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Nothing is planned. I think that will be quite nice!

1 comment:

Erin said...

What lovely blessings!!!

I find you writing to be a blessing too... whether on your blog, or in the comments of mine... life-giving words. I thank you!