Friday, July 20, 2007

Terrible News

I got a call from a concerned former co-worker. This person was terribly concerned for me.
This person started by asking if I was ok. Their concern began to concern me.

Turns out that Nelson and I are getting a divorce. We had a fight. He left without saying anything in the middle of the night. And now we're getting a divorce.

This was very shocking and surprising to me.

I called Nelson to check on how we are. Turns out: it was news to him too. Can you believe it? We're getting a divorce and no one told us. I didn't think it worked that way, but I guess when someone decides to meddle and spread rumors because their life is so dull that's what happens.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I just wish there was a way to choose who can read blog postings. I enjoy the whole process of meeting new people through this medium, but I'm really tired of the way one person and their vindictive meddling can take something that has been so positive and turn it into something so distasteful and negative.

5 comments:

HeyJules said...

What? that's not the rumor I heard about you. I heard you and Nelson were running off to join the circus so you could widen your Amway Distributorship and become the next reality tv series couple of the week.

Hmmm...that's what I get for listening to rumors.

As for the REAL rumor starter - GRRRRRRRRR.

HeyJules said...

P.S. Since the two of you are in such bad shape, you might want to revise that entire sidebar where you describe the wonderful man you're married to and the terrific children you've had together.

Be sure to get rid of the part about joy, love and adventure, too, because we don't want anyone getting the wrong impression about the two of you.

(Again...GRRRRRRRR.)

daisymarie said...

Ah Jules, You make me smile. I read these to Nelson and he laughed right out loud.

I think I'm going to leave my sidebar just as it. And I really prayed about it today. I'm not going to change anything about this blog.

Here's the thing: I write about God things here quite often and maybe, God will let some seed find soil where it can take root in the old gossiper's heart. And maybe mercy will have it's way and she will repent of destructive ways---coz really, the only person she's hurting is herself.

HeyJules said...

Well, yes, I guess you could go that way, too.... ;-)


Love you,
J.

Judy said...

Oh! If it weren't so sad, it would truly be funny!

My husband had a rumor spread about him that he was fired and threw such a fit that the police were called and took him out in handcuffs. This person claimed to be an eyewitness.

Funny, what's in some people's eyes.