Friday, July 27, 2007

Finally Friday

I didn't think it was ever going to get here...but it did. Today at 3:15 I met with the doctor to discuss the results of the biopsy I had done last week.

The very best news is that it was not cancer. Hugest of sigh of relief!!!!!

Next Friday morning I am having a endometrial ablation. This is to "fix" the problem of heavy bleeding and irregular cycles. According to the doctor, 50% of all women who have this procedure never have another period. I made her repeat that. Wow! 45% experience only light periods. And the remaining 5% observe no positive results from the procedure and have to have a hysterectomy. I want to be in the 50% group!

I'm just very relieved tonight. So is Nelson. I think I'll sleep well tonight.

I hope I do because tomorrow I work at Curves in the morning and then I'm driving to Annie's (about 2 1/2 hours). I'll spend the afternoon and evening spoiling my two other grandsweeties. I wish you could hear Pnel talk---she's the maturist sounding 3 1/2 yr old around! I have to show up with ice cream and a Pony (as in My Little Pony).

On Sunday then, I'm going to drive over to Ft. Wayne to visit with my friend who just graduated from seminary and took her first church. I'm taking some music along for church...and maybe my guitar. We'll have lunch and catch up before I'll head back home.

It'll be a full weekend, but I think my spirit will be blessed and I'm sure to bring home lots and lots of smiles!!!!

Hope there's some smiles in your weekend, too!

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

YAY for good news!

I had an endometrial ablation about 13 months ago--it worked--I've had no *problems* since!

Sounds like a busy and happy weekend on tap for you.

HeyJules said...

Yeah! What wonderful news! You just go have the best weekend ever, girl! I'm so happy everything is good news.

Saija said...

i am thrilled to hear your news!!!! ya!!!! hope that made your weekend a really great one!

((hugs))