Sunday, July 22, 2007

Feet Up

I'm really enjoying my weekends. Sundays especially. It's so good to relax.

There has been a lot of stress at work lately. I think it's going to get better.

Health issues have arisen. I had the ultrasound on 7/10 and the in-office biopsy on 7/17. I will get the results on 7/27. My uterine wall is twice as thick as it should be. Could be nothing. Or...Have I ever mentioned how I loathe waiting?

I had a flat tire on the way to work last Monday AM. On my way to open the Curves club at 5:10AM. Luckily Nelson was able to hear the phone ring. He got me to work and the car to the tire place and I was only about 10minutes late.

Saturday was pleasant. I worked out early. Nelson took Asher to a family reunion where he met up with his parents and with Annie and the kids. Beth and I shopped and had lunch together. I also visited the book sale at the library. I came away with a couple of bags of books for next to nothing. I love that! I got a couple Robert Fulghum books. I really enjoy his stuff. Thought provoking humor. I got a few novels, a huge light cookbook (for Nelson), a book on menopause and women's health, and two Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus books (recommended for Beth and Ron by my mom :).....)

Today Nelson and I brought snacks for Sunday School. We cut up fruit and made my sister's yummy fruit dip (equal parts of cream cheese and marshmallow whip seasoned with cinnamon). You would have thought we brought pure gold. Everyone loved them. And of course there was way to much so we'll be enjoying some for a few days. Then Nelson and I sang in church. I love singing with my husband. We picked a couple short songs that we used to do when we were providing music for revivals back in the early 80's. It was fun and very well received.

So, Sundays are just good days for games on the Palm, reading, generally vegging on the front porch wicker. Right now Beth, Ron, and Nelson are watching a couple suspense movies. I'll pass.

I'll save my TV time for Next Food Network Star later.

I think there's an iced coffee calling my name, so please excuse me while I hunt it down and put my feet up again.

May there be moments of pure refreshing in your day today!

3 comments:

Saija said...

waiting for health news is always the worst!!

praying that God gives you a peaceful spirit, regardless!!!

glad that sunday was pleasant ...

and your previous post was funny - i mean, who starts rumours like that anyway!

Judy said...

I hope and pray the news is all good.

jettybetty said...

Waiting for health news....stinks.

Glad the stress is better otherwise--I love my iced coffee!