Saturday, July 07, 2007

Simple Thoughts

Have I ever mentioned I am low maintenance? I am.
I don't color my hair anymore.
I don't use multiple hair products to style my hair.
It takes me two minutes to dry and style my hair.
I don't wear any makeup. None. I'm thinking (due to lots of reading) that I should probably consider a light foundation with some level of SPF just to protect my skin.
I don't even own makeup. None.
I have never gotten my nails done. The only nail product I own is a bottle of Sally Hanson tough nails because my have a tendency to crack way down on the sides and to file or trim them there would be excessively painful.
I have less than 10 pairs of earrings.
I have about 8 necklaces.
I have more rings, 12 if I counted right.
I buy most of my clothes at Good Will. Last Sunday I wore a new outfit: a skirt and shortsleeve jacket. It's a light corally pink gingham seersucker--I love it! One of the more well to do ladies in our class leaned over and told me she loved it, it was so cute, where did I get it? She just didn't know what to do with my answer. (giggles)
I just decided that my hub has it pretty easy.
What are my indulgences?
I love flavored coffee. I want some now.
I am a bookaholic, but I have gotten much better about that. I ask for gift cards for birthday and Christmas so other people feed my habit!
I like good smelling shower lotions/cleansers. Right now my fav is by Dove. It's a creamy pro-age product. Yum.
Good food. Fresh fruits and veggies. Eating healthy and yummy--it's a passion!
Yup...I'm a low maintenance girl!
********************************************************************************
This weekend is our town's Balloon Festival. Nelson, Beth, Ron, Asher and I went last night to see the lift off and balloon glow. It was quite beautiful. We all arrived differently. Nelson drove because his ankle is extremely sore right now. Beth and Ron rode bikes. Asher was pushed in his stroller--by me. I walked.

As we sat there oohin and ahhing, we decided that this is what we would do for Nelson's 50th birthday next year. He has always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon. He loaths (capitalized and said most emphatically) birthday parties. So we're going to pool our resources (the girls and I) and get him a sunrise flight for his birthday. I'm quite excited about that! And I have to wait till next May! (more giggles)

This morning while I caught up on my internet time, I could hear the balloons floating overhead, their hot air bursts breaking the quiet morning around me. It was such a powerful but peaceful sound. For a brief moment I thought I might even consider taking flight with my hub. But a quick search of the internet woke me up to the reality of cost and my very real fear of heights--which is really a fear of falling, which is really a fear of the pain of landing....(shakes head at silliness of self). Perhaps I'll just hold the champaign for when he lands!

Time to get ready to go shopping. Beth, Asher and I are going to hunt down some garage sale goodies!

7 comments:

HeyJules said...

You don't have to wear makeup to get SPF protection. Just throw on some of the cheapest bottle of Oil of Olay moisturizer (about $4 a bottle) and you're good to go.

Trust me...I know.

Trisha said...

I'm low maintenance too...it's easier that way and, with all my allergies, it's a lot cheaper.

The Real Mother Hen said...

I've found my twin, that's you :)

jettybetty said...

We are so much alike!! I am so low maintenance--but I do have some make-up--I usually take about 2 minutes doing make-up in the morning! I do not like jewelry--am I a strange woman?
My indulgences--exactly yours!!

Judy said...

Oh, we are very much alike!

I do wear some make-up, but not much. I find that if I don't, people ask me if I'm not feeling well.

Saija said...

count me in the low maintenance gang!

i do streak my hair ... but no make-up, i love hand me downs, and i barely ever wear jewelry ... :o) ... i like simple! leaves me time for books, computer and bike rides! ya!

daisy said...

So glad you stopped to visit my blog. We are kindred spirits! I'm pretty low maintenance, too! Love your indulgences...the only one I would add is afternoon naps when I have a chance to get one.