Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Princess of Power

Our bedroom door doesn’t latch. Even before we got the P2, when we ran the AC we would prop something in front of the door to keep it shut. Now we pile things in front of the door to keep the kitten out.

Kitten. Little kitten.

Kitten nothing! She now has a new name. We now call her Shera. When my girls were little there was a cartoon called Shera, Princess of Power. When she was fighting evil bad guys, she would raise her sword to the sky and announce: I have the power! P2 has the power!

Last night I started by putting the laundry basket in front of the door. She pushed the door open. Next I put one of Nelson’s steel toe work boots in the basket. She pushed the door open. Then I put a box up against the door with the laundry basket and boot. She opened the door. So my next step was to put all of Nelson’s boots and shoes in the basket. I laid back in bed confident that she wouldn’t be able to open the door. I kept hearing her pounding against the door, clawing, and mewing. I didn’t hear her for a few minutes and I breathed a sigh of relief. Next thing I knew she pounced on my arm, claws out leaving a good scratch which seemed to punctuate her feelings: I’m in and I’m staying. I waved the white flag and tried to go to sleep.

In the morning I was helping Nelson get ready for therapy and get myself off to work on time. (I had already been to work out at Curves!) I told Nelson that I had a new name for the kitten. He approved. It fits. Tiny kitten, big power.

So now we have to decide whether to move a dresser in front of the door or just learn how to share our bed.

No comments: