Sunday, June 11, 2006

Update

I talked with Steve. Rhonda has recovered about 90%. She had an MRI and MRA this morning. Tomorrow she's having a TE (don't know what it stands for...come to think of it, I don't know what an MRA is either) to check for a whole in or on her heart. She was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery as a young child. She had this all checked out last year at the Cleveland Clinic--and they gave her a clean bill. They had her up and walking today, too.

I forgot to let you know about our best buy at a garage sale yesterday. We went to a garage sale and bought a van. It's a 97 Voyager with power everything. We paid $900 for it. We bought it for Beth since she's had a pick up and it's not the best thing for carting around a baby. Her beau has had it this afternoon giving it a tune up and checking it out (he has training from the career center in auto mechanics). He's had to add a few things and found a whole in one of the hoses, but it still seems to have been a good buy!

My fingers are still a little numb, but I think I'll be okay for work tomorrow. They hurt a little this morning when I played my guitar for worship team.

Eating victory! Nelson and I went out to luch with his former boss' family and some other friends. They picked a nearby Steak and Buffet (Golden Corral). Nelson has always had a really big problem with control at a buffet--especially this one! Well, my sweetheart ate healthy and extremely disciplined. In the past he ate and ate so that he would be sure to "get his money's worth." Today, he ate a tiny fraction of what he used to--and so did I!

Well, I think I'm going to read for a while. TTFN

1 comment:

jettybetty said...

Such good news about Rhonda! What a wakeup call.

Great news about the van--$900--way to go!