Friday, June 30, 2006

Lighter Than Air

Monday was the only day this week we worked 10 hours. Tuesday, however, we worked 12. Wednesday was normal. And yesterday was weird. We didn’t get much produced, but it was due to trouble with the machines. Today will be quick, we have extra time at lunch for a cookout and I’m in packaging all day. I have a hugely important inventory to get done for one of our biggest contract companies—I’ll just have to squeeze that in, too.

Wednesday afternoon, my supervisor was helping me since the hubs I was working with were needing to be scrubbed before they were studded. At one point he looked at me and said he saw butterscotch bits in his future. I smiled because I knew exactly where he was heading with the comment. He then went on to say that we were having our cookout today and I’d be more than welcome to bring my haystack dessert (melted butterscotch chips with chow mein noodles stirred in dropped by a spoon to make little haystack looking cookies). So I had Beth pick me up my two ingredients and I was up at 4am this morning making them.

I was up so early because I was in bed before 9:00 last night. I have been battling a cold since last week. It got “I’m almost ready to make a doctor’s appointment” bad about Tuesday. Tuesday night I could barely sleep. Wednesday was even worse. I was up at 3:30 trying to cough up a lung. Last night was a little better, thankfully.

I woke up at about 3:00 this morning, coughing. So I popped a Halls Fruit Breezer into my mouth. I switched to these since I was using so many. It was still in my mouth when I got up and decided to make the haystacks. Eureka! I think I found the next best appetite suppressant. I ALWAYS lick out the pan when I make haystacks. There’s no sense in letting even a little butterscotch go to waste. This morning I didn’t even lick my fingers when I was done. I washed the pan immediately upon scooping out the last of the scotchy covered noodles and then just stood there amazed. I think I’m going to buy stock.

This weekend is our community’s annual balloon fest. Ann, Travis and the kids are coming over. Nelson is really excited. Last year he could only listen to the balloons flying over since he had just had his first surgery and wasn’t getting out of bed, let alone going anywhere. They’re offering tethered balloon rides—I wish he could get one. For his 50th birthday I’m going to try and get him a real ride in one. I will stand on the ground and wave—not going to see this girl up in a hot air balloon!

Wednesday morning held one more wonderful surprise for me. When I go on the scales I had lost 25lbs! That put me back in Onederland. Oh the absolute joy of seeing a 1 at the beginning of my weight was…well, I felt…words can barely describe the elation!!! That have motivated my non-licking ways this morning, too. So, since the first of the year I’ve lost 28lbs and since I started Nutrisystem 2/16 I’ve lost 25lbs. It’s coming off very slowly and that’s way okay, because I am really changing the way I eat and it’s really becoming more of a way of life. And it feels good!

Well, I guess I should push away from this now and get my meals packed for the day and head myself off to work. Have a light-hearted silly-smile-on-your-face kind of day!

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

Daisymarie, I'm so PROUD of you! 28 lbs off! That is such a huge accomplishment! I, too, would be elated to see a "1" at the beginning of my weight also.

"WEIGHT" TO GO!!!

Judy said...

Congratulations!

Haven't been in one-derland for five years.

What's it like there?

Saija said...

my CONGRATS too! yay!!! :o)