Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Thank-full Update

After several marathon phone sessions, it appears that Nelson has had his BWC benefits reinstated—at least until July 2. He has some issues to take up with the doctor. It appears that the doctor misrepresented some things in his correspondence with BWC.

I’m back at work. I was afraid that I was going to be sore to the nth degree after being off a week, but so far it’s bearable. We may get to work Saturday, too and that will be a blessing.

I’m so proud of my daughter. (The younger in this case…I’m really quite proud of the both…but I digress) When things were looking tight, and downright bleak financially, Nelson told her that he may need help paying a couple of household bills and she came up with cash to cover the electric and water just like that (snaps fingers) and never even complained. I think she’s actually appreciating living with us. It’s so cool to see them grow up and become responsible. I love watching her with Asher.

And while we’re on the topic of daughters…Annie will be here today with Pnel and Caden. They’re going to be here until tomorrow evening. Nelson suggested I watch all three of the sweeties so he and Annie could have some quality time. I think I may be able to handle that…wonder if I can get a nap in at work?

The quality time will involve grocery shopping. Nelson has been adding activity to his daily routine. Monday evening he and I went to the local grocery and we walked around half of the store. It really exhausted him, but he felt really good about it. He’s been cooking and washing dishes, too. I’m quite proud of him.

Nelson also purchased a few books off ebay’s half.com about the glycemic index and eating low and healthy GI foods. He’s been very conscientious about his diet and appears to have lost a few pounds. And he’s keeping me on track too!

Now, I need to scoot. Hubs and bearings are calling my name! TTFN

2 comments:

Saija said...

good to read your up-date ... the challenges we face on a daily basis, eh ... yet with each victory, it makes this life that much sweeter ... (though my prayer is still "even so, come Lord Jesus, come!" ...)

(hugs)

Erin said...

What good news this is. So happy for you, DM, to have the darkness lifted.