Friday, December 23, 2005

Just a Note

I wore a Christmas Tree on my head yesterday.
I wonder if people had a hard time taking me seriously? So what else is new?

The shipping clerk made me some yummy smelling candles a while back—they smell so good and make my office in the factory an oasis for me! Then she followed it up with some equally delectable potpourri. Yum! In the bag with the potpourri was a red headband that had a Christmas Tree attached to it. I had been wanting to wear it, but didn’t want to look goofy alone. She wore hers for a while yesterday (until the band started cutting off blood flow to the brain—gotta love old fashioned plastic headbands). I wore mine for the rest of the afternoon. I’m going to wear it all day today.

Yesterday I wore something else new! My glasses came in. I went last Tuesday for the exam and they came in Wednesday. They are so cool. I love the frameless look. And light! Wow, it’s like not wearing anything…on my face! And clear!!!! No scratches. I can’t wait for my safety glasses to come in so I don’t damage these.

I had workers yesterday. That was really nice. I was able to ease up a little on the physical labor and work my brain. Good thing it doesn’t go to sleep like my hand does…don’t ask my family about that one though…

Last evening I went shopping for a bed with Beth. We found the headboard and frame she likes, but are still working on the mattress set. Those things are so expensive. We looked at cribs. She knows what she wants but we just can’t seem to find it. That seems to happen a lot for her. We still have a month so we’ll keep on looking.

Today we have a carry in lunch at work. They bring a grill in and cook dogs and burgers. The place smells so yummy. Well, I need to go ice the brownies I made so I’m gone.

2 comments:

Saija said...

i hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the fam! blessings to you Tina - what a year you have weathered ... aren't you glad that God is on your side, strengthening you on this earthly pilgrimage ... (hugs)

Debra said...

Again, merry Christmas, Tina! I wish I could have seen you with the Christmas tree on your head--so sorry I missed that! :) Glad you like your new glasses... God bless... Debra