Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Staples and Conspiracy

What a day! I worked so hard and then rushed home to take Nelson to the doctor. The wound is healing well. They took the staples out. We counted them and all together there were only 35. It was a painful process.

Beth brought a puppy home. It's part chichuaua and part daschound. It's really quite cute, but I don't know how we'll be able to care for him. He's temporarily been named Rocky...did I mention he's absolutely adorable and sleepy so sweetly on Nelson's chest right now...sigh. They decided if I just saw him, got some puppy kisses and let him cuddle up that I would be able to send him away. I was double teamed!

And now I'm off to bed!

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

Sounds like the healing is going well!

Hope you get some good rest! Sounds like you need it!

JB

Melissa said...

It was great catching up with you dear. I've been behind in my reading of blogs...on the question of someone responding with "I'm OK" or the like when asked how are you...I know when I respond in kind, that I'm not doing so alright. I'm so glad Nelson is sitting up, and I LOVE sugar crisp puppy kisses!

Erin said...

Pets are a lot of work... even cute ones. But there is something to be said for having "someone" around who doesn't resent us for our shortcomings, doesn't remind us that we said we'd be dieting today, and is always ready with a kiss.

Peg said...

I bet he's a cutie! I love puppies as long as their not having accidents on my carpet!