Monday, August 29, 2005

Just a bit before bed...

I’m so tired and so far behind on reading, writing and noting. It’s not that the week has been without its moments. It has been full of ups and downs. I know this, I’m just not sure I can recall them long enough to cast them upon your computer screen.

I am sure that my tiredness is majorly attributable to continuing to work 10hr days and both of the last two Saturdays.

Mom and George came for the weekend. It was so good to see my mom. We played as much scrabble as we could cram in. All three nights I played until I couldn’t keep my eyes open. She won the series. Losing didn’t even bother me—it was just so much fun!

Mom loved Rocky. I was afraid he was going to be a problem, but he totally endeared himself to her. It just made me smile. She bought him a bag of pig’s ear strips. Can you believe it? She was spoiling the puppy? This is not the woman who raised me, but I like her a whole lot!

Ann, Travis and Penelope came yesterday for Sunday dinner. We were going to go out, but I recommended that we get Kentucky Fried Chicken instead and eat it here where Penelope could romp and play with the dog. She was quite the entertainer. We all laughed at her antics and decided she was pure genius and joy. Wonder what we’ll do with two more at these gatherings. Better get another camera!

Work has been interesting. I continue to be blessed as I watch Deb blossom in her job and her confidence. And while that has been an occupational high, there has been severe disappointment with one of the other employees, to the point that I agreed with Dan and she’s no longer employed with us. Make me sad, but with all of her mistakes and issues from a supervisory position: if she was a cat she’d be dead she’s run out of mulligans, do-overs, and second chances. Honestly, today, I didn’t miss her added drama—not in the least.

I spent a lot of time last week just trying to pump this chick up. By Friday I was so tired of being her personal cheerleader: You can do it. I believe in you. Keep trying. Chin up. Blech. At one point I just rested my head in my hands at my desk and wondered half out loud: who encourages the encourager? Then I remembered all of you and smiled and got back to work.

This morning there was a meeting with the company owner, Ed (plant manager), P (CFO), Dan (T-Net chairman), and me. I used all my word skills and persuasion to make my point on how many people we need, how to figure production, and other issues of importance to me. I actually think everyone but Dan heard me and he might have caught some of it.

(A paragraph was deleted here to address privacy issues related to work.)

Okay. That’s enough for tonight. Tomorrow I’m going to work hard and then go with Beth to her first doctor’s appointment. She normally weighs about 105lbs—for a while people really wondered if she was anorexic. So that baby is pooching straight out---making such a cute little belly. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll hear her heart beating and get an idea of when we’ll meet her face to face. Grammy’s pretty excited about this one!

Sweet dreams all.

5 comments:

Hope said...

So, so glad to read a post....had decided this morning if you didn't post soon I would email and see if you were okay....how is that for being a worrywart?

T-Net is so blessed to have you as an employee. And I am so blessed to have met you in blogland.

jettybetty said...

When does life slow down??
Sounds like your are working hard and playing hard now!

JB

Melissa said...

I'm so glad that while aspects of life are hard, that you are relishging in both the small and large things...I'll be praying for that increase in salary...God is so good!

Erin said...

It's an honour to be an encourager of the encourager :)

And I'm counting on this new baby to keep you honest with yourself... if you go on salary it will be harder for you to keep from becoming a work-a-holic... ;)

Blessings to you-

Curious Servant said...

Lord, provide this child of Yours rest and strength. MAy the work of her hands be pleasing to You.